Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mordred 13.2

The New Realm

Within the folds of the light crimson flesh, it was warmth we felt earlier but with the newly arrived person, I felt the coldness had moved in over us. I stared at the new arrival; dressed in the fine silk coat made of white mink and beneath it was the greenish shaded silk vest and pantaloons trousers. His shoe was the upward pointed leather boots favoured by the eastern riders. His head gear was the wrapped cloth with the ends trailing over his left shoulder. He saw me staring at his greenish material for clothing.

“The moss have a unique composition which properly nurtured could be turn into a silky material.” The new arrival whose identity I knew cleared my curiosity. “More to it, it’s alive and will constantly evolve to my shape.”

“Aladdin, you were always the creator of new things.” I spoke up his name then. “But your creations were diverse.”

“Creative, my old friend.” Aladdin replied. “Even Merlin was surprised. But he was more surprised when I fled his mentorship. I have no need of his coaching when I am the true master.”

“You were not any master but the successor to the throne of the deviant.” I challenged him. “Merlin once told me that you were not rescued by him but captured. He wanted to put you to death but for your young age, he thinks that you may be …”

“Changed? Evolved? Or made his servant?’ Aladdin laughed out. His laughter was more like any others but it had the resounding sound that favoured the Kings and Lords. Confidence rang in his like theirs. “Guardian, you were always a fool. I thought your rebellion against Merlin with your own mode of justice would have shown your other self, but you are still the same loyal servant of Merlin.”

“Do you see the pebbles from the stones?” Aladdin snapped on. “Or are you truly blind, Guardian?”

It was then I stopped my challenge. I was Merlin’ student and then served as Guardian but I also rejected him when he killed my parents. He was then not seen as any friend but of an enemy. It was not only his action then which made me doubt him. There were accusations against him from the ones I battled. I had my doubt of their words but when even lies repeated once too often could turn out to be true. The only doubt then was Merlin truly protecting us or was he making himself the powerful one. Maybe we were serving the wrong Council.

“You have doubts, Guardian. I can see that. Jasmine once thought me.” Aladdin replied. “It was not hypnotism but the all searching mind probe that she was gifted with. She saw Merlin for his true ambition. She was a threat to him, and had to be eliminated. He had her killed to show me his power but he was wrong. He actually made me stronger in my crafts.”
Aladdin after his imprisonment was never the same. He became more of a recluse in nature, spoke when asked and remain quiet at other times. He stayed with us for some years before he disappeared one night. Berlin had the Academy searched while Merlin send out scouts but Aladdin had disappeared. It was many years later, when he re-appeared in name as the New Leader of the Serpents.

“Challenged me no more, Guardian.” Aladdin voiced out. “Seth and I are not your enemies. There are others which you need to look out for. It may not also be Merlin alone.”

The third force, I mumbled to myself.

“You have come to the right place to seek the truth. It may not be your assumed version but be prepared for the real truth.”

“A perverted version like yours?” I hit back. I never got my reply for we were jolted by the flesh movement. Aladdin and Seth looked to the flesh and then at me.

“We are pursued by some threat. The creature has a need to flee.” Seth explained. “Both of you will be released.”

“I will guide them.” Aladdin told Seth. “You are to re-group the followers and be prepared for battle. It’s a war which we cannot avoid.”

Without waiting for my reply, Rumpel was released from his manacles and his sticks returned. The three witches then led us out of the chamber. It was not a smooth journey then with the flesh reacting differently to the situation outside. We had to squeeze ourselves part of the journey and soon we found ourselves outside. Just when we were to pick ourselves up, the whole world was in darkness and then light. The three witches looked towards us.

“The effect will wear off shortly after we leave you.” Betty told us. Go now and seek cover. The Elves are here.”
At our height, the distance we could cover was shorter for the others, but the effect of our growth was taking effect. We were growing and that was bad. The pebbles became stones and then the undergrowth grew to man sized before it was soon under our neck. We kept on growing until we were back to our original frame in that dimension.


And then we were exposed standing there at the treeline.  

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...