Saturday, November 1, 2014

Tweet...tweet.....0112014...Houston, are you there???

Geez, I thought Walking Dead was getting tiresome, and then came now Z Nation. At least the zombies could run like us, or maybe faster. I phased through 2 episodes and yet to be convinced it will hold much pow wow like the former. Blacklist still runs deep for me; the stories are great. NCIS New Orleans; it drove me to read the Gumbo Recipe which augur well for the series, but I am still getting used to Scott Bakula playing the leader there. I have not watched NCIS 12 although I have 2 episodes with me.

Oops! Pardon me but I was on a spree of watching the latest on the box, while sorting out my tales. Okay, back to my usual updates.

I am about to complete Loki; The Trickster. It won't be a long write ( hovering at 30K words ) as it based on the info I extracted from the web on the prose regarding Loki. Not the ones you read from the other Universe. Here Loki may be portrayed as more of a victim. I started writing Loki in Feb 2013 and stopped before venturing into other tales but lately, I have been digging up those unfinished tales to complete it. Loki was the first.In my adaption, you may find Loki more different. I am finishing off the tale at the Ragnarok break now. That's when the Gods died, and poor Loki had a hand in it. It was foretold in the myth for his offspring, Fenrir the Wolf will kill Odin,

Now going back to the above liners on the subject inspiring TV writers, I would place my dime on Vampires and Zombies will still take precedent to others. I did a Zombie write....stopped it when it went into limbo, but I am trying to bring it back. I found the above seems to focus on mindless killings. Maybe I will decide to turn the tale into something more inspiring than just plain killing.

For those of you who clicked on the Shakespeare Adaption, thank you. I actually enjoyed the hours writing those tales, and adding in my own sub-paras to highlight the characters. I am exploring others and may be even do the "Scottish Play".

I also 'discovered' YOUTUBE movies ( pardon me if I was late into discovering it. ), and enjoyed some of the offered movies and re-run series. The ones that caught my fancy was the Westerns of the 60's to the 70's when they showcased some of the best sets then. The Sacketts still rung in my ears from the days of reading them in those worn out pages. I found one series; the Ultimate Force and catching up. Its a BBC production but not too bad in the tales. I think they are into Season 4 now. Its like another version of Strikeback.

Well, back to the writing. And thank you for coming back to the blog. If you have any tales to be told, let me know. We can always co-publish here.

Cheers


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...