Friday, November 21, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 3 Part 1.40

Act Three Scene 4 Part 3

"Branius, what can I do for you?" Cassio on his promotion had sent the Tribune to be assigned to another cohort, under another Centurion. The Tribune had not done much to be to promoted but with the influence of his father, he had maintained his presence in the Legion with the rank of Tribunus Cohortis. He could had gone back to Rome but he stayed for one other reason; Cassio.

"I was looking for you." Branius told him. "You been away for days." '

Cassio remembered that Branius was in the other fleet that was with Legatus, while Cassio was headed for the harbour. He had met Branius the day before but was very casual about it. That was the night he had the fight with Montana. Cassio was to brush him off but he recalled the other was his love; his current love. It was not that he could not find any women, but he had a preference for the other. He did both but he still come back for the other. More after his breakup with Desdemona, he seek out Branius more. It was initially for the sex, and then he became the one to soothe pain and longing.

"I am sorry, Branius. I was called on some tasks to do. Urgent ones." Cassio replied to Branius.

"Then showed me your gratitude." Branius stood there with legs spread, but Cassio turned away.

"I can't be your servitude lover now. I got things to do." Cassio told the other but Branius was adamant on his demand of lust. Cassio stood up and looked at the other.

"I am the Pilus. Obey me, or be disciplined like the others." Cassio shouted out. With that, Branius back off, but the other was feeling the guilt.

"I am sorry," Cassio said to the other, while the other had turned to leave. Branius stopped at the flap of the tent. He looked back.

"I was here to hand you this. Centurion Iago passed me this. He said you might want to have it." Branius passed over the sash that belonged to Othello. Cassio looked at the sash. He recognized it.

"When..." Cassio was asking but Branius cut in.

"I do not know and why but I am just here to deliver it." Branius was still upset, but by then, Cassio had held the other in the arms.

"My love, I am here." Cassio rubbed himself against the Tribune. They went at it for a quick one.

Later Cassio sat there holding the sash. It was Othello, he once told Cassio that the way to hold a love was to have the lady tied down with the sash.

"Damned! His love sash." Cassio muttered out. He looked at it, and then smiled.

"Can you make one like this? I have a need for it." Cassio asked his lover.

"For what? Its his. We have to return it." Branius replied. "How come you like it? Are you telling me you are in love with him again?"

"That was over. It was a long time ago." Cassio told the other. "Please leave. I am expecting another." Cassio told him.

"Who another lover? And I to hold this for what? To stuff it up my nose while I wank the other with the single hole." Branius replied. But Cassio had used his rank again. That time Branius left with the sash. It was similar to a woman complained of headaches.



Prologue 24

The new recruits came to the Castra, based on their assignment. They all lined up before the Decanus. He was assigning the recruits including the Tribunes. As he was giving the instructions, the line up at the second row was whispering.


"Hey, name is Othello." The taller one told the one next to him.

"Cassio, Micheal Cassio." The other replied.

That was the first meet, and then they were in the same cohort, as Tribune. They shared the same cohort with most times, Cassio tailing his friend. He was smitten by the other; Othello was taller and more handsome. He once saved Cassio during a battle.

"Run for the trees." Othello shouted at Cassio. The later was caught in his advance, with five Gauls in his way. He turned to run but found his way blocked by two more Gauls. It was Othello who came from the rear of those two and attacked the two there. He had thrust one of them with the gladius, and was challenging the other.

"Run for the trees." Othello told the other who came to his direction. The remaining Gaul retreated on the two legionnaires while waiting for reinforcement. The two legionnaires saw their path cleared ran on towards the trees.

"Why the trees?" Cassio asked back while running. Their pursuers were gaining on them, but on reaching the trees, the legionnaires were met by their own squad. It became a reverse routing.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...