Saturday, November 22, 2014

Crusaders III: The New Age 1.41

6.4.          Imprisonment

Helmut woke up to find himself in a room that resembled a dungeon cell. Micheal lying at the side was still unconscious and then he saw the other Crusader.

“Crawler, are you fine?” Helmut concern was ignored by the man-creature who sat by himself in the dark corner. He had been there longer but he was not ill treated. He recalled being carried to the place and then frog marched to the cell they were in. He was fed with some food and drinks, but there were no communication by the flying creatures.

Helmut realized that he was not going to get any reply then proceeded to check the imprisonment walls. The cell measured twenty feet by twelve feet across, and was covered with straws for bedding. There were some knock holes on the wall, but it only confirmed to him that those were chain brackets removed some time ago. He looked at the cell door that was actually a metal door with two narrow strip outlets; one on the top and the other at the belly level.

“Where are we?” Micheal muttered out while he shook his head to clear the daze. He was also hit on the back of the head, and had a small gash there to mark it. Helmut was to reply when the cell door was opened. In came a figure with the wings wrapped inwards on the back.

“I am Grigor.” The birdlike creature spoke up. “I am the leader of the Gargoyles who protect this city. We are the servant of Azazel. You are our guests.”

Helmut who was not much for words, lunged himself at the Gargoyle but found himself weak. He fell down on his knees before the gargoyle. He looked up while the other smiled.

“Your body was poisoned. You may not move much for some time.” Grigor told Helmut. “It was only for your own good. Our master Azazel would address you soon.”

“The Gargoyles are the friends of the Devil.” Helmut spat out.

“No, you are wrong. We are the Guardians of the Cities, named as the Chosen Ones. We may look …hideous to you, but this is our real look. We guard the city against the Vampires and Werewolves.” With that last word spoken, Grigor glared at the cowering furred figure huddled in the dark.

“We stand to put the balance to their feud and also to prevent them from overcoming the cities. However we had failed. The Creators did not bargained for the new weapons of mass destruction that even brought down our form in the hidden structures. There few of us, but we shall prevail.”

“And we shall prevail.” The voice came from the outside the cell. Grigor stepped aside to let the newly arrived person enter the cell. He was dressed in white and held a trident.

“I am Azazel. I bring you a friend to you.” The one named Azazel stepped aside to admit in Geranium who was at the rear.

‘Hello, boys.” Geranium greeted them.



6.5.          Conflicts

Helmut buckled on his waist belt and adjusted the scabbard with the sword. He was in the upper levels of the structure, which was some sort of castle and in the main Hall. There was others seated on the seats lined up on the Hall, with Grigor standing next to his master. The master was seated on the high back chair facing the seated Crusaders. They had been briefed by Geranium on the identity of the one called the Master, and also of a plan to remove the False Prophet.

Helmut stood up and turned to walk, but was stopped by Geranium.

“Helmut, you can’t walk out.” The lady approached him but he shrugged his shoulders to stop her.

“I can’t serve the demon there.” Helmut replied while he motioned to the figure in white. He turned to stare at Geranium.

“He’s Azazel. He was the first of the fallen, and yet you can trust him with your life?”

“True, I prefer to place my trust with the ….demon I know than the one I had yet to see.” Geranium retort back. “He is the only one with the means to get us near to the False Prophet.”

“The one you believed to be Gerald Black?” Helmut laughed. “I thought you would have more sense to believe in that. He is a fake and playing trick with your mind. Or are you going crazy?”

“No, I am sane like you. I just believed that if we are to fight the False Prophet, we need his assistance.”Geranium replied. “You seen it yourself, we are outnumbered and our weapons are limited in its effectiveness. He can help us get close to remove the False Prophet.”

“Close? Am I hearing it right? It’s suicidal.” Helmut laughed out again. “I was thinking of taking a shot at the False Prophet from a distance. Micheal could do it. That would be the best solution.”

“The False Prophet could not be killed. He had to be removed…” Geranium replied.

“Not killed, but removed? Surely your explanation confused me more. Obviously you have been influenced by the demon.” Helmut was getting more upset and decided to keep on walking.

“Helmut, take one more step and I would be forced to stop you.” Geranium shouted out the warning. Crawler sensed his mistress anger had moved to the side, ignoring the coming battle.

Helmut drew out his sword and faced Geranium.

“Stop me if you dare.” Geranium heard the words spoken by Helmut. She unslung the whip and dropped it.

“I would fight you with this.” Geranium took the long box given to her by Sergei. She opened it and withdrew the rapier that once belonged to Gerald Black.

“A rapier?” Helmut laughed but the lady explained her new weapon.

“This rapier once belonged to my ancestor, Gerald Black. The weapon is unlike any you had seen. It’s made of a material which came from another dimension, and was designed to kill demons.”

“Does that include Gargoyles?” Helmut asked.

“Yes, and also Fallen Angels.” Geranium replied and then charged at gargoyle standing by his Master, but the one named as Azazel whisked his servant away from the thrusting rapier. He then looked at Geranium.

“You obviously do not believe in me. Or the words of the Creator.” Azazel sighed. “There would be no need to fight. All of you may leave.”

Azazel waved his trident and sent off the four Crusaders from the Hall. Grigor looked to his master.

“Master, we are weaker without them.” Grigor spoke up.

“Yes, I am aware of that, but they are not to be part of us. The Crusaders would fight their own battles, while we do ours. Hopefully, we could all win.” Azazel sighed. “Or all the dimensions would collapse.”


Prologue 6

Azazel stepped into the personal chamber of his own. Once he had closed the door, he saw the figure appeared before him.

“I would have called you but the line was disconnected.” Nordstrom stepped forth from the shadow. “I think he cut the communication line again. Nasty old man and grouch at times.”

“Please, Shemzahai.” Azazel spoke out softly. “He is still our Father.”

“Okay, I would spare him of any more grievances.” Nordstrom replied. “And please don’t call me Shemzahai. He died some generations back.”

“Of course.” Azazel replied and was to continue on when Nordstrom stopped him.

“Please my brother. Don’t mention my name.” Nordstrom interjected in. “He hates it when he heard I used my twin’ name. But I am here to know what you told the Crusader.”

“I thought I killed all of them.” Azazel replied. “I must be getting sloppy. I explained to her everything and even arrange Father to speak to her.”

“She had disbelief you?” Nordstrom added in. “Naughty, these vixens.”

“Yes, and they are dis-united.”Azazel told Nordstrom. “I sent them to your rally. They are in the vicinity now.”

“I know. You forget that when we teleport, we leave a trail. Or shall I say a scent for my Vampire.”

“I’ll be darned.” Azazel used a common expression used by Man. “Nevertheless the prey may not be that easy to kill. They could be the predator.”

“Agreed. The more the merrier.” Nordstrom replied. “I love you, Azazel. With your help, I could wipe out the Crusaders when others have failed before myself.”

“And you too.” Nordstrom stared at Azazel. “Goodbye, Azazel.”



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...