Monday, October 14, 2013

Tempting excepts from Othello; my version...



Act 4 Scene 1

"Where is Iago?" Othello asked like a young man finding his words for the girl he met.

"He's with the Senate member that just arrived." Emilia told him. She looked at him from the side view of his better face and saw the man she once loved. She could not hold herself back, and approached him with quick steps. She grabbed his face and buried it on her chest. She leaned down to kissed him on the top of the head, while she nuzzled his face on her bosom. He had liked that before, and even when he was recovering, he asked for her bosom to cry on.

"I...." But Emilia hushed him up.

"Say no more, One Face. All this is yours. And I am yours." Emilia told him. Othello hands reached around her waist and held her closer to him. Then he remembered that he had a tasks to asked of her. He pulled her off and motioned to her to be seated.

"Emilia, I am in need to asked you of Desdemona." Othello whispered his words out. Emilia nodded and re-arranged her clothes. Othello stared at her as she pulled at the hems and sides to looked proper. He still recalled the times he had snuggled on her in the room while her father slept in the next room. He had missed all of those; they were happier nights.

"I am sorry, Othello." Emilie spoke and used his name instead of the nickname. "I shall not betray my lady's trust."

"No, Emilia. I needed you to be .....true to me." Othello looked to her. He was in need of love and would had asked her of that, but he kept to his tasks. "You were with Desdemona most times. Did she ever meet Cassio alone?"
Emilia gasped at the question. She remembered the few occasions like the one when Cassio met Desdemona at the pavilion. She did leave them alone, but it was for a short while. It was all Iago' fault. She then chose to defend her lady.

"Desdemona was on some occasions but she maintained herself well. She would never cheat on you. Do not listen to those rumors?" Emilia blurted out. "I swore that even myself sometimes may had strayed when ....Iago was not around, but never was I betrayed him. It was all ...."

"Hush, Emilia. All I wanted to know was did he make love to my love." Othello asked out plainly.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...