Friday, October 4, 2013

New tales coming your way...October 5th, 2013

With Dorothy all wrapped in the arms of her lover, the Land Of OZ would rest for now. I have introduced in the D&C Volume 2; with 20 tales of crime busting events, and The Samurai. I still have some seven tales pending unfinished; and I had to admit I was diverted off to other newer tales.

I completed one; adaption of the Tempest by Shakespeare, and had embarked on the next, Othello. A sample is below:

Act One Scene 1 Part 2

Iago followed his friend onto the paved streets of the Roman city, where with the setting sun, the people on it was rushing for their homes. Traders were closing their shops while taverns were lighting up their entrance in view of the evening patrons.

"Stop there, Roderigo." Iago pulled at his friend's arm. They were dressed in their layered cloth that was made to a toga in design, but it was a relief to had the thicker cloth to protect them from the cold night. Roderigo had passed three taverns and decided on none. Nor did he stopped the whore houses which was his favourite after a warm bath. It was unlike him, which was why Iago stopped him.

"What ails you, my friend?" Iago asked. "I had the slave punished or you wanted to do it yourself."

"Unhand me, Iago. My heart bleeds in pain." Roderigo spoke up.

"Desdemona had been on and off you for days. I had hardly seen you despair one day and rejoice the next." Iago told him. " But had you seen her of late?"

"No, I had not. She does not want to see me, even though I had waited for her all night." Roderigo moaned his despair. "Desdemona, you are killing me."

Iago laughed out loud at his friend's anguish cries of love. He cut in front of his friend.

"If I tell you a sadder tale then would you joined me for a drink." Iago spoke to his friend. Roderigo pushed his friend aside to move towards the next tavern. He was soon to hear out his concern.

"Desdemona is getting married. She is...." Iago was stopped by the hands that grabbed his toga at the neckline.

"My Desdemona would not marry anyone but to me." Roderigo shouted to his friend. "If you are my friend, don't dampen my mood more than its where it reside now."


"Roderigo, would I played to your distress. I am telling you the truth. I know the husband to be." Iago looked to the skies. "Or husband of her's by now."

Need I say more........ I am in love with Shakespeare works....its so intriguing and above all, mysterious. But my version is different, and more ..... ( hang on, matey..... its like riding a bull in the Tempest, or was it a mare..... )

More to that, I have to tell you of the complete Serial Killer tale I did. It would be on soon on this channel.

Cheers

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...