Sunday, February 15, 2015

Loki Passage 25 Final

8.


Hel looked at the assembled before her realm. She had sent forth an army to fight with Loki and more had returned. She searched among the faces for the ones she may know.

“Loki, I see you have made it after all.” Hel called out on seeing her father among the dead. The later walked up her and turned his back.

“Do you mind?” Loki motioned to the axe in his back. “I needed a scratch there.”

Hel reached with her hand to pull the battle axe out. Loki then gave out a sigh of relief.

“It’s been a pain in the back. I could not lie face up with that up my back.” Loki smiled at his daughter. “I guess I finally done it.”

“Did you see mother before you come here?” Hel asked. She had been aching for her mother since she arrived here.

“Nay, I did not. It was not like we parted with kisses. She probably still hates me for leaving her and handling all of you over.” Loki sighed. “She will never understand but I hoped she does one day.”

Loki then looked around and asked.

“Have you seen Fenrir and Jörmungandr? I heard they perish too.” Loki asked. “Ragnarok have a unique way to culling us all.”

“They are here but you may not recognize them. They have changed.” Hel replied and then motioned to Loki to look over at the side. There stood a pair of young fine figures all dressed up in the fine cloth of the Jotun. They walked over and smiled.

“Hello, Father. It’s me Fenrir.” The figure that spoke to him was a fine young man with a swath of red fine hair on his scalp. “We changed when we died. It was the Gods intervention for us to blend in here and be part of the family we never were.”

“I am Jörmungandr.” The other spoke up; a lanky man with the muscular built. “We missed you, Father.”

“Well, that leaves only your mother to join us here.” Loki smiled.

“I doubt she will. She had her own life now.” Hel replied. “The family will be only us.”


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...