Friday, February 21, 2020

Tweet tweet... 21/02/2020 .... MIgrant almost done

I have been busy not only with works ( I am repeating myself here.... pardon the mutterings ) and also on the tales I was writing.

Today, I posted up the re-write of The Lone Ranger; the earlier draft was in 2016 and published but I did not complete it. I was stuck at the ending. There were a few of these writes. Calle dit what you may but I decided to only published only when I am truly done. And it was not even Valentine then. Nevertheless, some weeks back I did the re-write and completed it.

Today, I published two chapters of it. Happy reading.

On the other tale which I mentioned was my personal write on my Grandfather, its almost done. It was not easy to write on something which was close to your heart. I did so many re-writes on the passages and finally may come to the conclusion. I don't envisage some readers taking to it 'kindly' especially family members. Some passages may be offensive to them but I tried to lay the truth of matters. As the saying goes, you can't choose your relatives at all but you can sure f... them in some ways.

Well, they can bloody well dance over my grave after I am gone.

The above will be added to some new items. I am trying to revive my old skills of sketching which I had not done for over thirty years now. I used to sketch the earlier years, won some accolades but sidestep it soon after I found my fingers were better used elsewhere. I was to study that subject professionally when a party had offered me the opportunity then but my father had protested on it and made me continue onto other more viable subjects. His vision of the sketch artist then was the guy that doodle with the pencil on the street corner. Darned, I could have sketch nude models then but since then the only nudes I could salivate over were on the small screens.

Hopefully, I can rekindle those skills. Or I can get my daughter to assist. She is a trained illustrator. Yup, I consented to her aspirations and she made me proud. Now to get her to help will be another issue. Gee, that will take some coaxing to be done. Of late, both of us are at conflicting ends.

Till then, bye to bye to February and hello March.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...