Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Halloween Special The House with the Lamp Post



My legs are rickety from the cold and wet
It has been ages if there was a way to say it
I had been upon them for that long
Well, the initial age was better, I was pampered
The dwellers gave me new coatings and fixtures
Then the place was inhabited by living souls
That is over for a long time, their bones rotted to dust
Surprisingly I was left intact, decayed but standing
You listening, you oaf for a lamp post the supposed to keep them warm
In this miserable realm, we are in now.
Did flame get your tongue huh? I should have known with you keeping silent.

“Jimmy, are you done with the staring? I got better pictures for you.” I heard my teacher. I loved the libraries and museums but that time we were in the art gallery. My teacher told me we were to see this new collection at her friend’s gallery.

“Jimmy, we are leaving.” The call came in so deftly. I wanted to move but my feet were stuck. I looked down and saw the mud over it. It was wet and would make my mum screamed at my untidy behavior again. I looked from my shoes and saw I was in the swamp. I was looking at the tall trees and the swirling mists that covered the area. The trees have the uproots above the murky waters. There were some lights in the darkness, or was it they were staring eyes.

“You are new?” I looked to the side and saw the lamp hanging in the pole. It lighted up the surrounding. It was made of wood. The lamp was old. I had seen them in the books.

“Well, welcome to our place. We are the House with the lamp.”

I ran into the darkness.

I fell.

I woke up on the bed.

At the Hospital.

The painting collapsed on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Much Thanks to LitChart for the guide

 Credit to https://www.litcharts.com/shakescleare/shakespeare-translations/macbeth And to Ben Florman.  Ben is a co-founder of LitCharts. He...