Thursday, October 31, 2019

Arrogant Bloke Tales 2; At work last night

Excuse me for calling up so early but could you tone down the noise. You are waking up the other occupants. And from the sound of crashing; I presumed you will be paying the bill before you leave.

Oh, yes. There is another hotel by the name California, but we here are named New California.

Yes, ma'am. We are blazing hot but its the barbeque we served.

Yes, we do have tequila but for now, we will send you the new sheets. Housekeeping drew a line on over soiled linens.

Your husband wore diapers. Oops, I am sorry, ma'am. I must have misdialled your room number. I do apologies and please return to sleep.

No, Ma'am. Your husband snoring did not cause us to call you. It was the room next door.

Yes, I know it will work. Earplugs are useful. I won't suggest nose plugs. He may suffocate.

I would loan you a hammer but Maintenance does not work at this hour.

I know the lyrics of El Condor Pasa. Yes, it sounded like 'I'd rather be a hammer than a nail'.

Oh, you meant El Paso? Yes, I could sing you the chorus.
One night a wild young cowboy came in Wild as the West Texas wind
Dashing and daring, a drink he was sharing
With wicked Felina, the girl that I loved

No, ma'am. I doubt it was a cowboy with the wicked feline next room. They may be decent folks too.

No, ma'am. We can't assist you in replicating their actions in your room. We ain't in the Special Effects section. We are the Reception Counter.

No, ma'am. That is Hollywood, and here is Hotel California.

I believed your husband did not buy you a fake holiday. We do have nice rooms here in the hotel.

You faked it for over twenty years and he does not know? I wouldn't comment on that, ma'am. I am just the Receptionist here..

You wanted what?  A drilling workout like next door. Sorry, ma'am. This is the Reception. We don't do that. We only get drilled daily by the guests.

Yes, Ma'am. It's a tough job. So, shut up and go to sleep now. Or I shove you with the bedpost.

Thank you, Ma'am. We aim to please. Goodnight then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Much Thanks to LitChart for the guide

 Credit to https://www.litcharts.com/shakescleare/shakespeare-translations/macbeth And to Ben Florman.  Ben is a co-founder of LitCharts. He...