Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tweet ...tweet... The colors of the tales... 230815

I be honest that I had not penned more than 500 words in the last week on the tales. I was really not even keen to open the pages to look at it.

Why?

Writer block? Or Tale Tailing? I was not in the mood (pardon the pun) to dive into it. I was reading my books ( borrowed from friends and the local library ) and working on my 'life endowed chores' works. It was tedious on the later but the former was more relaxing; slept by the third page of reading. And that reading Fifty Shades of White ( I betcha you never read of that before.... Well, its an adaption of White in some ..... excuse the word here.... amusing positions. Guess that was the effect of biting the apple at the round end. No one ever thought of what Snow was dreaming of during her sleep. )

The sleeping part of mine was not due to any apple crunching bite, it was probably the tale of the mind just want to shut off on reading tales? I don't now why. No sizzling tales was in the making there, nor awesome closing chapters to any tales was in my dream state. I guessed I may have just dozed off. It was unusual given my 'pre-sleep ' readings were supposed to be 'stimulating' unlike lavender tea.

Just to zest up my reading list, one of them besides White was by Robert E. Howard ( Conan tale bringer ) but this one was the rarely heard tales of his other hero; El Barak from the North West Frontier. Well, Barak did no better than Obama in my mind.

Speaking of Robert E. Howard ( he is my top fav of authors ). Robert's tales are nice to read like Sir Conan Doyle ( another Fav of mine ); short and attentive from the first passage to the end. They ranged from 5,000 words to 20,000 words. ( Harold Robbins was one of my other fav in the younger days. I still have a copy of PIRATE. His 500 words could bring out more than a gasp from you.  )

Well, as for myself I been bench marking my tales to 50,000 words minimum ( novel length ) for some time now. Maybe after I wrapped up Deep Seas War and Mordred, I will go for the old style of shorter tales, with more kaboom and whoosh to it. Pardon me, I had a vision of Supes and Wonder Lady.... geez that will erupt any volcano. or break the planet into half.

Okay, penning down the fantasy to the real thing. (Pardon the pun again.)

And for now.

I had penned Deep Seas War today. I am at Chapter 29 and will close it soon. Then back to Mordred to snap Merlin's spine before I .... ( should we skip the hardness out for now).

Gee, I am unsure of my other new tale. I have some in my other folder. Maybe I will do those. As a good start to my renewed self, I had given myself the refreshing new color to the blog. Yellow as in new day for me and for all of us. After a long drag of hardness above, you do need a refreshing start..... (another pun intended?perhaps).

Till White allow me to share her tales with you I shall remain hard with her secret.....buns....I meant puns.

Cheers

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...