Sunday, August 9, 2015

Mordred 20.2

The New Realm

Four Storm troopers ran to offer cover to their injured team mate. It was then I saw the lowering of more fire powers for these troopers. It was a modified gun; double barrelled and attached to a double curved ammo clip with a twenty projectiles. Each time the trigger was pressed, it will fire off a double projectile. I had seen it used on the shooting range and during impact the target mannequin was severed off its upper body.

“Grab the Killer Pack.” The wounded trooper called out. The other four went for the dropped weapon before I could stop them. They aimed the gun at me and fired off a salvo. I had barely raised another rock wall which took the major bulk of the fire power. Chiton once more lashed out with the whip and got the other four shooters to jump for safety. One of them was seen calling for assistance.

It was then the reinforcements arrived.

They descended down on the jet packs and landed on the flooring. It was a huge figure with the body armour that covered it from head to toe. The extra armour made the figure stood at over seven feet and with the extra guns on its arms, it must have weighted move than half a ton. The twin guns were the rapid firing weapon that utilizes the six barrels in a rotating cluster to provide a sustained rate of fire. It was fed by the ammo belt that was on the rear of the armoured figure. The armoured giant was nicknamed the Dreadnought. The same one that killed Sparky.

It moved in to action with its double guns at the walls of the cave. The sustained fire power tore off chunks of rock and levelled some pillars. I had then used my strong wind craft then and whisked off some rocks which slammed into the armoured giant. It did not impact much on the giant who had then turned to face me. Gabriel had then used his powerful weapon of the energy from the eyes and caused a hole beneath the giant’s legs. It sank in but the hole was not deep. It fired on Gabriel who flew off barely missing the shots.

It was then Aladdin guardian seems to move into action when it tried to move a supporting pillar on the flooring. It managed to crack the pillar and then brought down part of the ceiling of rocks onto the giant armoured. The falling rocks buried the four troopers along with the giant armoured.

That gave us a respite in the battle then. It was a brief one though.

 From the walls, figures towering over three times the height of Man stepped out to the cave flooring. Their frame was dark in shade and cladded in stones. T

From out of the rubbles, the giant armoured rose again. One of its guns was dangling by the left arm but it was still functional. The giant roared out from its communication speaker.

“I still live.” The giant roared out and was then flung back onto its back. It was a Grigori who rose from the rubbles. It may have been in hiding then and was awaken by the falling rocks. The dark figure towered over three times the height of Man stepped out to the cave flooring. It had swung its left arm on the giant armoured.

“Die to all who dares to intrude on my rest.” The Grigori stood to its full height. It was my first look at the monster which differed from the writings in the ancient text. The Grigori was not of full the looks of Man but h had the limbs that resembled hands and legs but they were deformed in their looks with various dimensions in the different areas. One of its upper limbs was not on the shoulder but at the front chest just below the left shoulder while its other upper limb was to the rear of the right shoulder. It had three lower limbs that formed a tripod balance to its body. The lower limbs were wider in dimensions after the knees as if it was cladded in a thick pair of boots but there were no feet but a rounded heel in place. The head of the Grigori was not a head but a mound on its shoulder with the cracks that resembled the facial features. As it was all rocks, the surface of the frame was all chunky and uneven.

“Who are you?” The Grigori looked to us and then saw Gabriel. He lowered himself to face the Angel. “I did not notice you ….brother. I am sorry if I have hurt you.”

Gabriel stepped forth and looked closer to the towering monster. He then reached out with his right hand to the Grigori.

“Ramiel, is that you?” Gabriel voiced out in a cracked tone. “I did not…”

“Yes, Gabriel. It’s me. I missed you.” The Grigori reached out with its own hand at the chest. Then it screamed out in pain when the shot from the giant armoured hit its back. The later had recovered from the blow and had retaliated with its right gun. The Grigori fell to its knees with the back smouldering with a large crater and the rear arm dangling on the side. Gabriel reacted with the sneak attack with his deadly energy blast from his eyes at the giant armoured. The blast tore a hole in the armour and then penetrated the flesh beneath. It soon hit the energy pack that was on the rear and caused an explosion.

“Ramiel, are you okay?”Gabriel rushed to the Grigori.

“I am hurt.” Ramiel replied. “I need to recover. Please excuse me.”

With that, Ramiel took to the dark corner and then merged into the cave walls. Gabriel stood there with his look on the departing monster. He was then shot at the side but his wings deflected the bullet. It was the wounded Sergeant.

“Guardian, this is not the end.” The wounded leader staggered up to his feet while his right hand held the hand gun. “I will see you in Hell.”

The wounded storm trooper took another shot but it went wild. Chiton had her whip struck him at the neck to sever it. The headless body went down on his knees before he dropped the hand gun. I looked at Chiton who was seated up.

“It was him or us.” Chiton voiced out. “They were not merciful in their approach.”

I looked away and saw Rumpel picking up the one of the deadly gun that belonged to the Sergeant. He weighed them in his hands and smiled.

“I could do with a few of this.” Rumpel smiled. “It’s good to reply back in the same ferocity. Here Leggins, have go with it.”

Rumpel threw the gun towards Leggins but the later had no wish to use the deadly weapon. He swung his sword to cut into half before he faced me.

“Guardian, it seems we have an issue now.” Leggins called out to me.  “The Fallen have started off a war which involves all of us. Do we fight or stand down?”

“I think they are fighting us because of who we were. They can be told the truth about us and then how Merlin had made us looked hostile.” I tried to avoid the conflict but Leggins was past listening.

“I will not fight for them. I only fight to protect my own.” Leggins glared at me.

“For now, I am needed here and we cannot surface at all.” Gabriel voiced out. “The Fallen are our issues. We will fight them in our own way. If the war overreached to your people, I cannot be there to assist them. It seems that as the Guardian, you have to defend your own.”

I sensed the loss in the Angel and then look at Rumpel. He was standing there by himself and was waiting for someone to take command. I looked over at Chiton who was still wounded. They were my care and needed the leadership of the Guardian. I have that great responsibility to them. There was a need to clear the confusion and avoid the conflict with the others. The Fallen can be taken care of by Angels.


“I will take care of my own people.” I voiced out.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...