Friday, January 31, 2014

The Tempest Act 5, Scene 1 Part 5

Act 5, Scene 1 Part 5

Christopher was shocked by the papers handed to him. Gonzales looked to Freddy.

"Its not yours to decide." Gonzales told him. "The Eastern boys are pushing into your turf, whether you signed or not. I had it worked out for Freddy. He would be the new boss."

"You played me out too. With those back stabbers." Christopher looked at the papers. "I was willing to give it to you. Why make me sign it.?"

"I am an attorney." Gonzales replied. "I liked it done proper."

Gonzales looked to the Library.

"Its big enough for all of you." Gonzales smiled. "It used to used to housed hundreds. But three would be more than adequate."

Christopher raised his sub-machinegun but the gun would not fire.

"I had the firing pin removed." Charlie spoke up. "I am sorry, Christopher. I needed the money for the treatment. It was killing me but the Eastern boys paid me more."

"I loved it. My Tempest blows and all you blew here for one good ending. Like Prospero, I was prepared to forgive you." He looked at Alan. "I just wanted to torment you. But when your son came into my hall, I thought of giving my daughter to him. I thought he was good for her with his manners but he was not you. He stole my trust and betrayed my daughter' love. He even conned you and then Christopher."

"Alan, I was going to forgive you which was why Ariel went to fetch you. But you were not there." Paul asked the man. "How did you escaped?"

"The gate was opened by someone. We did not know who." Alan replied. "I had planned to fake the lunacy until you or the imp come in and then jumped him. But we were let out. I pulled the boys out and had them sobered up. Then we made our way here. We were left a map."

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet." Paul muttered to himself. "A Nates would had shone like the Miller if you only had stayed. I would had asked your forgiveness and forget the issue. I had forgiven you for having Bernice killed but the wheel of fate are not ours to spin. And neither can I be Prospero anymore. "

Paul looked to Freddy.

"Maybe its my senile mind, I would had seen your ploy. I did called you an impostor, but I had failed to carry through my view." Paul looked to Miranda while holding her hand. "I am sorry, my darling."

She turned to face him and then leaned down to kissed his cheeks. In her move, she had placed the gun she was given to her father.

"Be my sight and be thy an executioner." Miranda told him. She stepped aside and Paul fired the gun at Freddy. Then he shot Gonzales. Both men fell to the flooring but they were not dead. He shot at them to hurt them. Charlie tried to shoot with his gun, but he keeled over. The devils took his soul before he could shoot; the ailing heart finally gave up.

"Alan, its finally back to me. Three wounded and one alive still. Do I be Prospero and end the Tempest or let the Tempest decide?" Paul smiled at the older partner. "Do you know when the Tempest comes, people die from its consequences. Its not the Tempest fault, its the nature of the storm. Like the game of chess, pieces on the board have to be sacrified to reached the King. You are all those pieces, whether its while or black."

"I cared not anymore." Alan looked to his wounded man on the flooring. "Shoot me or forgive me. I am not concerned. I would sign the papers. He can have it."

Alan picked up the pen and signed it. He then threw the papers to the wounded attorney.

"Gonzales, you would not die from that wound. Go and get the cars wherever they are." Alan told him. "If you can't find it, walked down the hill. Don't bleed here."

Alan then looked to Paul.

"Paul, all these that you had planned have gone awry. Some Tempest you created. Do you think you can out best the Bard? He is a master at it. You are a mobster. The difference is that one writes have his audience giving him an ovation but the other one had to bashed people's head to have them stand before him."

Paul sighed at the comparison. He really felt like he was one of Bard' character but then again, he may not be. He was his own. He had not lost but drew on the game.

"I guess this game have come to a draw." Paul then looked at the wounded Freddy. He was surprised the man did not reached for the gun to shoot at his father. "What about your son?"

"He is no more mine. He is your son in law." Alan replied. "I had signed the give away of my son. You can have him."

Freddy held onto his wound and looked at Paul. He pulled himself up and looked at Miranda.

"Miranda, I am sorry. I did not planned to have you drawn into the play. It was all a stage for me. A stage to removed the older folks." Freddy told the blind girl. "But since I known you, I think I am in love with you. Please forgive me."

Miranda stood there still with her back to him, but she heard all the words spoken in the Library. She looked to the rain and spoke.

"Mother once told me, we do not control fate. Fate control us. If we are to love the wrong man, then its the fault of fate that drew us together. I loved my father, and though he was evil as told to me now, I knew in him at one stage, my mother loved him very much. He also tried to change for her, but he was too tempted by the moves of his own mind. He was the King, and he moved his pieces to protect him. As his Queen, my mother assisted him too. In her mind, he was still her husband, and lover."

"In my fate, I found a love which I thought was fated, but I learned then he had used me to get to my father. Do I forget him, or do I hate him?" Miranda paused.

"Freddy, your previous words sounded hollow to me. I can't reached for it anymore. I may be blind, but I have a vision of my lover and husband. He does not speak love as if it was words. He speaks love as if he had the feelings to backed it up. You did not sound like that."

"Freddy Nates, I cannot be yours. Nor would you be mine." Miranda told him. Her father reached for her, but she pulled away. She walked to the window to feel the rain. She would bear the pain of the thunder than to be tormented by unrequited love.

"So then be it." Paul leveled his gun at Freddy. "Your dismissal by her had made you a pawn. I am going to sacrificed you before I made my next move."

Paul shot the young man once more but not fatal. It caused Alan to rushed over to hold up his son, who then had two wounds.

"Freddy, the second bullet was for the betrayal of Miranda. But because I knew you father, I choose not to kill you." Paul told him. "However, I owed Gonzales nothing but a quick death now."

Paul shot Gonzales.


"Alan, I got two more bullets." Paul told him. "I called them my mercy bullets. One for you and one for me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this web site before but after going through some of
the articles I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely happy I came across it and
I'll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...