Friday, January 24, 2014

The Tempest Act 5, Scene 1 Part 3

Act 5, Scene 1 Part 3

There was no one in the dungeons. The gates were opened. The only thing that convinced Ariel there were occupants was the food and drink he brought in. He saw the signs of the occupants previous stay; the urine and the vomiting. Someone let them out and he knew who that would be. He ran to the hidden room which housed the one named Kabib but the one was not there.

Kabib was missing from his room.

Only Kabib would know how to take them out.

He checked the others. They are still there, but the ones in the dungeon were missing. He ran back to his benefactor.

"Benefactor," Ariel reported to the older man. "They are gone."

"Who may I asked have gone missing?" Paul asked while he whisked his beard. "Shall I cut this? I looked like a wizard in this garb."

"Its the ones we housed at the dungeon." Ariel was concerned. He was a perfectionist in his tasks. Nothing is left uncovered, or missed out. He was concerned on the benefactor. He had to prepared for the unexpected. But he was unprepared for the reply.

"I am not overly concerned." Paul looked to the servant of his. "I had anticipated the chess game and like all the games I played, I had not been fooled by it."

"You mean that you knew the men would escape." Ariel asked.

"No, exactly. But I had anticipated any eventuality. I had survived for so long by doing it." Paul explained himself. "So the Rook is attacking my Knights. I loved the game."

"Benefactor, you need to hide yourself." Ariel pleaded with him.

"That would not be possible now." Paul answered him. "Come in, Alan."

Standing at the doorway, were the four men, albeit one stood a distance away. Alan was laughed out and then approached the man.

"I have not seen you for over ten years, and you are already impersonating Merlin." Alan hugged his own friend. He then pulled away. "I must smell like a leftover salmon laid out to dry."

"How did you knew it was me, Alan?" Paul asked.

"When I stepped in." Alan laughed. "I knew this place. You took me here once. When we did the Chinese guy? You recalled he ran far with the hounds yelping at his feet."

"Yeah, I remember that one. The first time we had chinese takeaways." Alan took the liberty of sitting down on the spare seater. "Them flooring are hard for my bones. Its was not like us those days, we could sit for hours on the pier."

Stanley and Anthony stepped forth. They looked shaken unlike their uncle. They were not aware of the scam that their uncle pretended to be mad. They were shaken by the experience, and had not fully recovered.

"You could had told us." Stanley looked to Alan. "You led us all like sheep into the mad house. This mad house."

"Calmed down, Stanley." Anthony eased his cousin back from the uncle. "Let him explain."

Alan looked at his impudent nephew and then at Paul.

"Paul, you created this mess. So tell me why? After ten years, and you still seek me for the murder of Bernice. Its all about Bernice, isn't it?" Alan confront his old partner. It was Stanley who rushed forward, pushing Anthony aside.

"My father shot your bitch. So shoot me." Stanley shouted at the older man. It was then Paul pulled out his gun.

"Don't be deceived by it. It shot the Injun then, and would shoot now." Paul threaten the young man. Stanley stood his ground and Anthony pulled him back.

"Stanley, we are out of place here." Anthony pulled the man the second time. "This is their issue."

"Alan, yes, I was upset by Bernice' death. But the ten years here, made me mellow again. I seen my daughter grow.  She looked beautiful but you mar her beauty. She could not see who she is. She only knew who she was."

"When Christopher came to see me, he laid out the plan for me. " Paul continued on. "He told me that you went big and wild, while he went in deeper with the Eastern families. He consolidated his position but you were still playing hooky at the borders, and shoot at those who came too near. He also told the Eastern families was concerned on you."

"Then he told me he had plans to remove you. I never quite agreed but he kept on seeing me. He sent me the plans; he leaves it at the grounds. He knew of Kabib, Steven and also Timothy."

"Kabib? Steven? Who was the other?" Alan asked. "I thought you were here alone with your daughter. And this imp."

"Those three were here with me to serve me. I could not manage it all by myself." Paul told him. "Gonzales knew."

"Stop it, Paul." It was Gonzales still standing at the doorway. In his hand was the gun he had kept in the overcoat.

"You were one crazy man. So was Alan. I spent my life serving the two of you. I was to be a good attorney. My father told me so. But when I worked for the two of you, I never had the opportunity to be one. I was bailing your asses or theirs." Gonzales pointed to the two young man. "Your family squeezed my career to nothing."

Anthony stepped forward and Gonzales shot him in the right thigh. He fell down while Stanley also tried to move.

"Stanley, I got five more bullets. Please rush me. I am tempted to shoot you since you were in High School." Gonzales smiled. "For those beatings you gave me, I would like to loose all these bullets into your blood stream."

"Gonzales, I never knew you were in the game." Paul spoke to his attorney. "You were never into chess."

"I play poker; the Texas Hold'em." Gonzales replied. "I won much at the stakes. So chess to me is nothing."

"So you got in as the wild card." Alan recognised the new player.

"I am not the only one." Gonzales replied. He stepped aside for the new person to come in. It was Christopher with Freddy. They pushed in Miranda towards her father seat.

"Hello, Paul." Christopher greeted the older partner. He was armed with a sub-machine gun. "Freddy was such a good player."



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...