Friday, April 26, 2013

Flash Fiction; Recycling Life

"Do you really believe it's an accident that we're here tonight?" I asked the person next to me.

I knew it was awkward to speak to a dog but if you repeat this day with different persons in different places, you wouldn't consider me as crazy.

You see I was cursed to wake up each morning to the day I was to die sometime that day. Initially, it was fun; I could go and do the crazy things in life. After all, I would be dead by nightfall. I had acted all my fantasies from mime to pole dancer and even as a bank robber. ( Pardon me running starkers would never be on my list of to do list. ) There are over a hundred countries with thousands of cities, and double of those in townships and isolated settlements, I can assure you I travelled them all in my 'reincarnations' but never have I been 'reincarnated' with the inability to die by that day.

I been trampled ( courtesy of standing over some maddening crowd ), murdered ( reckon I might get recognized but I never get to see the next day's news ) , skewered ( ouch, that one hurt ), bitten by the black widow ( I did wanted to be radioactive spider hero ). I even tried flying with a red cape, but the wind was not strong to carry me. I tried high wire walking and got my head snapped off by the wire. The scary thoughts of waking up the next day missing an anatomy never materialized. I meant it all materialized in whole when I woke up.

Well, this time, I am going with Paddy here. I met the old dog here and we are welcoming death. We are going to knocked by the train that would come streaming down the tracks. Both of us would be dead together and I can add in a new clause to my contract with the devil. I can have the companion I want; a loyal one that would followed me without any complaints. Then again, I guess not. Paddy just laid over and died.

And the train is late. Darned! I am really cursed to do this alone.

Well, so much for me and my big mouth. I had to tell ya the devil never play straight. I asked for recycling, but this was not what I had in mind. Here I am now; recycled in a loop of life and death. Got to go, train is here. See ya, I guess. Don't wait for me, I won't be coming tomorrow. I am always yesterday's news.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...