Monday, June 18, 2012

Spring Abound


Spring abound with the sun shining on
The cane seatings come to the porch
As we bid the morning sun the early dawn
Coffee and cookies served flow in us
The children runs the yard looking for blooms.

Rhubarb abound, horseradish sprouting
Daisies and carnations abloom.
The ground soften would soon be plough 
Not a chore at all for poor Ninny
She did it for years and more would come.

Simon comes a calling sailing over the grass
His hands blooming with gifts to swoon the heart
I know why he is so glad to be here
As days to count on the single nights
Are soon to be gone forever more.

Susan come now from your dresser quick
Surely the vanity of yours need no more brushes
He waited a three seasons past to seek you
In the final approval of our blessing
So that we can be rid of you with him as replacement.

Wicked means I may sound to all
But the fact still bears the same words
I need a man to help me with the farm
He may be my choice for that as he is yours
To be his loving wife, and me an extra hand indeed.

Given my demands are milder than his mum
She asked for a cradle to made last winter
So that comes next winter she could rock
Her newborn grandchild to sleep on the clock
While the two of us need bedding in the night. 








No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...