Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Crusaders Part 22

Present

The Baron who now holds the broadsword given with both his hand; the same sword handed to him by his father, approached the Minotaur. The Baron did not wait for a challenge but intrude upon himself to draw the first swing. The swing was evaded by the beast and in return the beast swung the battleaxe in a downward swing. The Baron stepped back and avoided the battleaxe. He then raised his sword to swing from the side to hit the beast and again the beast parried his swing. They fought in that manner on many swings and slashes with none inflicting injuries to the other.

"Man, you tire out and I am exhausted. You are a worthy opponent but you fight with some moments of emotion. Why do you do that? I have not harmed you before and yet you are angry with me." The Minotaur was resting on his long battleaxe as a pillar for his body. The Baron who was tired too was leaning on his own sword and he heard the beast.

"Your kind killed my father and ran like a coward. I am here to avenge his death on all of your kind. No mercy would be shown and none would be given." The Baron took up his sword to fight again but the Minotaur laughed at him.

"Emotions, dear Man. My kin may had murdered your father and you choose to annihilate the entire clan. Surely, by doing so, you would be saddled with many more of my young ones looking to get your head. Think logically my dear Man. You fight me with your emotion is as good as kneeling before me for your execution. Be your true self and be a warrior. Don't fight me with your anger; fight me with your skills."

"Why do you taunt me, beast?" The Baron asked back the beast.

"The truth? Then I shall tell you. I am old and lonely here. Do you think I like to live that long just by waiting for people like you to come. I shall be in the underworld walking the different realms, but I am stuck here. I cannot leave as I am obliged to serve he whom I called my master. But I grew tired of the waiting and useless warriors that come by. I have decided to find one or teach one that could best me in combat. Then I am free to leave." The Minotaur looked at the Baron. "You could be the one but lack one crucial value; the skills to best me. Not many has fought me to this standstill but you did. The n you stayed at that level and not best me. That's why I am challenging you now to best me."

The Baron stared at the beast and he attacked but this time his movements were more different. He pushed on every move and draw on every swing of his sword. And finally he strike at the beast's neck and severed the head. The beast fell down on his knees as his head lay a distance away. But the beast is smiling as he knows he has been bested. Not by anyone but by someone better than him.

"What did happened there, Helmut?" I asked of the man who has fought with me for a year now.

"The beast taught me what my father once said; do not let your emotions invade your skills. Be true to the acquired skills. The beast actually how to make me better than what I was." Helmut walked to the fallen beast and picked up the head. He placed it with the body and said a word of prayer. "Maybe not all the beasts are inhuman; some could be humane."

I told the Baron we need to move or we would never get out. He nodded and we both proceed with one of the entrance in random selection. It lead us to more walks and misleading feeling as if we are walking in circles. But the walk was soon to end when we chanced on the center of the labyrinth. At the center of the labyrinth sit a lady on a high back chair.

"Welcome, my weary warriors. You best my guard dogs and then removed my loyal servant of many eons. Tell me what that made you caused me so much issue. And before I forget, you also removed me of my pet whom I been taking care for many years." The lady who speaks to us is the queen of this place; the one who rules here. She is dressed like a peacock with the all the feathers splitting in a wide arc behind her,and her body is encased in a tight black corset suit and dark stoking that reached her thighs.

"My dear lady, we stand here on the request of our Lord to seek your audience. We begged to differ as on our journey here, we had to be harsh with your servants and pet. But their extended hospitality call for us to take some up some challenges which unfortunately caused some mishaps." I was very selective with my words as I still need her help.

"Bah! I am tired of this charade. You seek information and in the journey, you created much mayhem. I would give you an opportunity to prove yourself with this task." She motioned her hand to opened a portal. Its showed an image of a  castle. "Go there and bring back my daughter and I would let you know where Lucifer last leave for. But only you may go and the rest be here as my hostage."

I picked up the required things I may need and bid my adieu to Helmut. I stepped into the portal and find myself not facing a castle but a high stone structure of four wall all convene to one small square top. I seen such similar structure in the scrolls but this one is not located in the dry sandy land but in the thick jungle.

As I was picked my way to scout the surrounding area, my instinct tells I been watched. I slowly turned to my back to faced a dark looking creature with the coat of black cover with a nasty snarl that showed its fangs. My first thought, I have to face the dark hideous creature that only Hell can conjured up.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...