Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crusaders Part 27

Present

"Who is Lucifer looking for there?" I had to asked and I got my answer just as quick.

"His sister and sometimes mate. She is who he seeks sometimes for alliance." The local vampire leader was quick to point out. Then he paused to listen as if he picked up the vibrations in the air. "They are here. The armies of the other Lords."

"How many?" Again I jumped the cue to asked the question.

"A hundred of them and they are already here."They came out of the shadows and surround us. They are of the assorted kinds; gremlins, imps and ogres. Those are the nicer looking ones but the ugly ones are the bloodless corpses, all kinds of demons and wild beasts. The squire is transforming into his warrior persona and he jumps into the fray lashing out with his claws. I have drawn on my rapier and short blade slashing as I move. I pulled my rapier out of the imp and kicked at the ogre who was in my way.

"Oh my goodness! Why did I had to do that?" I jumped aside when the Ogre swung his club on the very spot I was on. I ran more to my side and slashing my enemies from their rear position with the Ogre chasing my tail. "Gabriel, if you are listening; do something quick or give us a seat next to you soon."

I heard some loud sounds and its ain't the stomach of mine at all. But the sound become louder and the fighting actually stop as they all listened to it. I got my sight on the new arrival; a forty foot monster just stepped in to join the fray. I stand corrected as it not one but three.

"Its an Atahsaia!" One of the gremlins was getting nervous to see these giants joined the fray. The new creature displayed its chest covered with hair, large biceps on this forearms but they are covered in black and white scales. His head had bristly hair and a wrinkled, swollen red face. But what scares these smaller creatures was the appetite of the giant which he smashed his prey with the flint sword and then devoured them like the spread on the table. The gremlins and imps try to attack the newly arrived giants but the bigger ones just swat them like flies with their large sword.

Some of the winged demons flew high over the giants to land on their face hoping to rake their eyes out while the Ogre which is half the size of the Atahsaia, charged into the fight on a test of strength. They managed to wrestle one of the giant down on the ground and several more demons jumped into the fray to kill the giant. Clawler seeing the agony of the giant being attacked by so many;l himself jumped in and swing his claws to remove the demons of the giant.

"Bless the children of Lilith. Get your warriors around we have to leave the place now. My warriors would continue the fight with the Atahsaia." The leader of the vampire who assisted us asked me to group my team and followed him. I called the rest and we left the cavern along one of the selected tunnels.

"Where are we going?" I asked of the vampire.

"Your continued presence in the area marked death for my brethren so its best that all of you are gone on your way. I am leading you to a portal which would take you away to the northern lands." We followed him but I noticed something wrong with the vampire which we are following. 

"Hold on! Who are you?" I held back my friends as I confront the demon before me. "You are not who we met earlier.Show your true face demon." The vampire stopped in his stride and then kneel down before us asking for his innocence.

"I am being coaxed to bring you here. I am Shapishico; a shape shifter but I meant no harm to you all. They hold my family members hostage if I do not do their biddings." The demon is a Shapishico; they are able to impersonating someone familiar to his victim. Folks claim that his uncanny ability to replicate others makes him impossible to tell apart but for a limping on his left leg which he can not change from its original state: that of a goat's leg.

"But why do you serve them when you been a good demon,. You punish man if he acts against the animals in the forests but we done nothing to deserve this." I knew these creatures from my other travels and I questioned its motives.

"I been forced by the Lords.....Aargh!" The demon was speared in the back by another demon. The shape shifter dropped dead in front of us. The one who stand behind the dead demon is a man or one who resemble a man but he has hoofs for feet. No, it can't be but it could be, as I have not seen him in person despite all the works we have done.

"Helmut, you seen him before? Is it him, Lucifer?' Helmut turned to look and he was in a daze. Like he was that day when he thought he met the dark one himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...