Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Easy Squad Part 2 of 3

2

"Did you drop your shit back there? How did they find us so fast?" I shouted as I reached over from the side of the big tree trunk to place the next shot. We were on the trail back to our camp now for two days and we came onto this ambush. Seth and Rat has just joined up with us some click back. Now the whole squad is pinned down by the hidden enemies. I could not see the enemies clearly but the shots coming at us are very clear to take our life's.

"Where's Lizzie?" I looked around and see all the teammates but missing the new one.

"Lizzie got it in the first wave." Now I remember, she took point today and she paid for it. Its the most dangerous position in the patrol, and we fouled it all up. "Don't blame her. Makes no fragging different." That was nice of Seth to read me my thoughts.

"Frag the sentiments. Seth, take right and Rat, you take left. Circle and wipe them out." Rhono and myself raised our rifles and cannons to lay some ground fire. Then we ducked behind the tree and the replies came in short and hot on our position. We laid down close to the ground and given our size that is still very exposed in this jungle.

"Aargh! I nicked one on my lower left rear." I looked towards Rhono was the one shrieking off. "But I am okay to fight on."

That's my trooper, Rhono; never say die. I heard two explosions over there followed by some shots. Then it was all quiet again. So Seth and Rat done their part again. I ran forward to check on Lizzie. She is breathing but weak in her breath. I looked at her body and see no real marks on her.

"Lizzie, you are doing that on me again, are you?" I grabbed her by her shoulders to jolt her up.

"Hey, Big Boy. A lady needs a respite from it all sometimes. So you boys can play hero and save the heroine." I loved this spunky lady but she sure scared me off my furs back there. This is her second time doing it; the last one was over the cliff and I thought she dunked it down the edge for good. But she came crawling up smiling.

"Trooper Lizzie, you get up and take the front again. If you let up one more time, I will personally frag you down to rookie rank." I pulled her up and she grabbed her phaser rifle off the ground.

"Promises, promises, and more empty ones. Big boy, if you coming at me, I would not shout violation of conduct but viola to my senses." She is one of her periods when she is all slutty. I pushed her to take point and told the rest to followed on. Darned this reptile to put me on my raging hormones mood. Its not like we are back at camp and I can look up Maggie, but here in the jungle, even the tree barks are tempting.

But we made it to Camp without any more casualties or mishaps. I reported in to the Senior Commander on the status of the mission. He was happy we slap the General quick and painless as the General is the first of ours of that rank that ever get caught. It would be too embarrassing to tell the other battalions that we lost our General to capture. I also told him that Man could no make it out too. He fell into a trap and was killed immediately. I was told the squad can rest for now while he sort out the correspondence and reports of our General which died in a craft crash in the jungle. I saluted and took my leave of the Senior Commander.

The squad billet in the rear of the camp with the other squads, but ours is an improvised bunker. Its was to be a mass grave but someone decided to lay iron sheets over it and then laid the dug up soil to became a mound. The ingenious alien created an entrance to the 'grave bunker' as they all called it. That alien was Ferret-ion type and they all lived underground. But since then we took over the bunker and named it "Our Graveyard'. Lizzie is still praying the day a nuke will fall directly on us sleeping there and leave us as a wisp of smoke. But it ain't happening just yet.

We were to bunk in when the alarm went off. Its to say we got enemies in the line; but where we are supposed to find out. I caught hold of a running trooper and haul his butt in. He's telling us some reports of enemies seen in the camp and they doing a search now. So all squads are to keep to their bunker including ours. The Military Robotic Squad are policing the camp now. They have always been trigger happy and they would shoot any of us for the sake of their perverted programming. I would keep my squad in safe.

Then they came; them mechanical droids; all six of them with their phaser held ready to shoot then answer the questions themselves.

"Easy Squad, Alien Trooper. We are moving to check your place. Kindly move to the side so we can do our work." Fragging polite they are until you twist their screws hard. Like what Lizzie is trying to do; remove her phaser. "Warning! Recruit is armed."I jumped in front of her and held out my hands.

"No! No! Don't terminate. She is just putting in her phaser. She is not shooting it at you." I held my ground watching them droids. They have their phaser raised but they are holding fire. "Please."The droids lower their phaser and proceeded to search the place. When I said search, I meant they thrashed it. They fished out everything and leave it outside its original place. Soon the search was over. It took us some time to clean up and then we bunked in. It was a short rest as we got the call to see the Senior Commander. I wondered if those idiots actually sleep or rest.

"Squad Commander, Easy Squad. Your new mission is to go here with a black ops. Your departure is in two hours. Go and tell your squad." You don't question orders; you followed them or you take on the droids. Either way you are dead. I went back to tell the squad. But I saw them facing off some humans; must be from the neighboring Battalion. I heard they are called the Human Legion. I walked in the discussion and heard some harsh terms.

"Aliens scums, you tell us where we can find Tom and we be on our way?" That was a burly looking man when compared to Lizzie, but with me, he is a young sapling to be plucked off the ground. In this case, there are eight saplings to be handled. But Seth has to open his jaws.

"Tom? Is that the tall chap who fell into a big hole and got himself strangled. I heard he broken some bones too. Was it then he got later chomped up some meat eater. Delicious it was." He had to demonstrate with his extended tongue to his lips. That got the humans to showed their hidden blades.

"Boys, are we too harsh here. I am sure Tom is somewhere in the camp. So be nice, and we will all be fine. No aliens humans conflict. You don't need it." I had then walked in to stand by my squad.

"Sonny, we need you here. We got some Grizzly in our fight." I saw the puny man shouting and his men are cheering. Then I saw the man named Sonny. He ain't tiny and he is about below my head but his arms are huge. "Sonny used to wrestle crocs and bears. That's your cousin in the zoo."

I dislike my reference to the earthling bears. We shared the looks but not the intelligence. I grabbed the puny man and was to crack his head in when I saw the droids coming. I let go of the puny man. The whispers has gone off; droids. So everyone backed off and try to act normal. Droids went past us and we are back in our own line. But time is running out; I got a mission to move out on. I juts walked up to Sonny and grabbed his nuts with my right paw and jabbed him in the right ribs with my left fingers. Sonny hauled out in pain and I head butt him from above. He is out by the count of two. Then I hauled back at the six men. I turned to my squad and told five minutes to get ready. Then I walked to my bedding space inside the bunker.

One hour later we were outside the Senior Commander bunker. He came out with the Black Ops personnel. I never like them. Black Ops like to takes on these alien species; the incorporeal nation of Mist. One of the few species with no physical form, but they take on other host to housed their form. This one is in a human skin form, or we termed as skin walker. The personnel is dressed like us Alien Trooper but its not carrying any weapons. They do need any as they have their self defence mechanism.

"Easy Squad, this is Commander Pond. It will be a pleasure to served with the best squad in this battalion." But I can feel the tension in my squad. They dislike incorporeal species and more when they served in black ops. "You are to assist me in my new mission. You take me there and come back with me. That's all."

"Dead or alive, Sir." That has to be Lizzie. She is the outspoken member of my squad.

"Alive preferable. But being dead would be acceptable as long as the mission is done." I almost puke.

But the mission is a green for Easy Squad. They are flying us into the hot zone but we were never told the odds of being blown out of the skies.

And four miles out of the drop zone.

With about six dozen enemies troops around us.

Oh, I forgot.

They are all armed and pointing at us. We've just being taken prisoner.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...