Saturday, June 2, 2012

Another finding explained by Detective Bomes


Another finding explained by Detective Bomes

Author's Note:
We are faced with wonderful discovery daily from the ancient civilization. I wondered if we do justice to them in our analysis. This tale is based on Planet of the Apes, or  was it Earth during the reign of the Apes.

To visualise the tal, picture an abandoned truck, preferably with a long bonnet like the old Ford trucks. Then let the imagination run free.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Detective Bomes, thank the Great Ape that you have arrived. I hope I have not intruded on your time to come here. This is a very secluded part of the county but this discovery needs your professional assessment. Ah, good afternoon, Healer Watts." We were met by the person who sent me a message by Fox Express, expressing that my presence is most required at this secluded place. It was past midnight then, and I would had ignore the message if not for my associate telling me earlier in the evening of having seen the far side of the world and met many different kinds of creatures. He was commenting on them and their beliefs that differs from us. This was all in his younger days when he was involved in the last Great War. He was describing some of these cultures have their own way of worshiping and it puzzling to us now in this modern era. His telling of the tale coincide with the message received. I pass the message to him to read aloud. "New Discovery sighted. Come quick. Mayor Gant.".

"Thank you, Mayor Gant for the invitation.We took the Morning Elephant transports but there was a slight delay when we tried to cross the Times River. The crocodiles was seen there and everyone had to wait for them to disperse. We are here now and please update me on this new discovery that you have discovered. I was reading about it in the Morning edition but they told me, you refused to allow them to take sketches of it." I dismounted from the mule train which brought me alongside with my associate on this rough terrain which is sparse of trees and thick undergrowths. If there was more trees, we would had swung in and be here earlier. 

I followed the pace set by my host, Mayor Gant as he lead us to the place of his discovery. Its in a low valley but well hidden by some thick undergrowth around it on the rim. I can see my associate struggling in the walking as his species are more suited to swinging on branches. I leaned back and tapped him on the shoulder to assured him we shall be there soon enough.

"Make way for the Mayor", my arrogant host pushes away some of the Enforcement Officers who stood in his way. I tapped each and everyone of those officers and assured them they are most kind to allow us to come through. Finally, we reached the area which supposed to hold the new discovery.

I wouldn't used the term holding as I can see the 'new discovery' is obviously not going to move anywhere.

"Detective Bomes. Tell me in your professional assessment, am I looking at a new discovery of our kind? Perhaps a headstone for a ritual ceremony of the olden days. " The Mayor points to the so called structure as it does looked like something of a pagan design. "Perhaps some grand ceremony then to worship the fabled flying fire breathing creature? Or maybe this is the fire breathing creature. It could be the discovery of the century for us. I am telling you that if words goes out to the county, I would be famous. "

My associate is more intrigue by the so called worshiping pagan structure as he had claimed to see some in his hey days. He went prancing around it while doing some somersaults.

"Does the Healer knows something we do not know?" The Mayor points to my associate who is very frantically jumping around. "I hear he is an ape which travel far in his younger days."

"No, Mayor Gant. My associate is a healer and not a conjurer of spells. More to it, he is hopping around as he just stepped on some ants nest and they are biting his soles. Rest assured he knows what to do with the bites." Watts can be a real pain in the investigation. It probably runs in his type of ape upbringing; they are always messing around.

Meanwhile I stepped forth to look closer at the structure. It does have a canine head feature, with the long protruded nose bridge but the wide gap between nostril holes are wider here. Then again on closer observation, its may not be any nostril holes as the mouth gaps seemed to come in between those 'nostril holes'.

"Most puzzling..." I muttered to myself. That got the Mayor more excited as he sat back on his haunches. I walked around the place and then I shouted out. "I know what its."

The Mayor came running up to me. "Please tell me."

"Tell your apes to leave this place immediately. We could be in danger. " I shouted out and it created a panic among the apes. They ran as I did to the far boundary. I stopped then and caught my breath.

"You are right on the fire breathing creature. It belong to that creature. Its his armor that he left here." I whispered to the Mayor. His expression turned to horror and then disbelief at the thought.

"Bomes, the creature does not exist. Its a myth and how can you believe in that?" I looked at the Mayor and then I turned to walk away. He caught my arm and asked me to explain.

"That is the armor of the beast. I examined it and I know. The beast wears it like a head armor. The top of it which looked like a covering for its eyes while its snort lay inside the front with the two holes for its flames to come out. But the creature may be injured as there are dark stains inside the armor. That is why I asked all of you to leave. It may come back for its armor. Mayor Gant, I would advised you do the same. Leave this place alone."

"But the monster does not exist. I merely say that earlier as to speculate on the findings. Surely you do not believe in the myth too?"The Mayor is enraged and he refuses to move back.

"Mayor Gant, some years back the tabloid told of the sighting of this creatures, but was later retracted as a fake. In actual fact it was the authorities forcing them to do it as it would encourage public alarm if the news of the creature spread. In this case, it has not so we can preempt the action to take. Surely, you do not need a crisis in your area. Your re-election depends on you. "

They did on the orders of the Mayor. On the way back, Watts asked me why I come up with that tale.

"Elementary, my dear Watts. I do not want them to desecrate the place if they think its an ancient site for digging. Its an old site but one best left untouched. I am trying to preserved the place for real scientific kind, not the materialistic ones. When I am back in the city, I would contact the Heritage Society to do the needed."


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...