Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Tony and Cleop Act Three Scene Eleven Sub-Scene One

 

Act Three

Scene Eleven

Sub-Scene One

Egypt will negotiate.

 

The Queen was seated in her chamber. She felt it was more comfortable than the library on the barge. She has the sentries posted, and her maids are near her. Eros, the loyal one who served Mark Antony, was there.

“Queen, please go to him; comfort him.” Eros looked at the Queen. “He needs...”

“To whom shall my Queen do?” Iras cut in.

“Do. Why, what else would you do?” Charmian looked at Eros.

“I loved him.” Eros declared. “Like my...”

“Bend over, fag. I got the...” Iras snapped at Eros, but the Queen stopped her.

“Let me rest now. Go all of you.” The Queen waved her hand and saw the arrival of her lover. “No, no, no, no, no... why are you here?”

“Do you see this woman here, sir? She taunts me.” Eros pointed at Iras.

“Oh, shame on you! Shame, shame, shame! All of you.” Mark said this to the maids.

“My Queen!” Charmian took offense.

“Queen, he...” Iras added.

“Boss…...” Eros voiced out his words.

“Yes, my Queen... yes. At Philly, Caesar used his gun as a decoration while I fought thin. I also wrinkled Casius there, and it was I who defeated the insane Brutus later, but I did not kill him. He did it himself in shame. Caesar was the one who had others fight for him, and he had no experience in the proper battle formations, but now, well, it does not matter. I was outwitted.” Mark smiled.

“Leave us. All of you.” The Queen told the maids. “You too, Mark Antony. I will speak to you later. Alone?”

“Boss, I will not leave until I am heard.” Eros took his stand. “Go to him, Queen; speak to him. He is so ashamed that he has lost all sense of who he is.”

“Well then, support me. I will not be looked upon from above.” The Queen stood up.

“Boss, the Queen is approaching. Her head is bowed, and she will die unless you save her by comforting her. 

“Comfort? I have betrayed my good name... in a most dishonourable departure from the right path.” Mark y looked towards the Queen.

“What have you led me to do, Queen of Egypt? See how I steal away in shame out of your sight, remembering what I left behind, destroyed in dishonour. Widows and children without their father.”

“Oh, my love! Forgive me for sailing away in fear! I did not think then. Why did you not follow me?”

“Queen of Egypt, you knew all too well that my heart was tied to the battle. Our ships were many and could have defeated them. But you left, and confusion reigned then. Your action made us retreat, then. Whatever you did, you would draw me after you. You knew that you had full control over my will and that your summons would call me away even from what God had ordered me to do.” Mark sighed. “I am your servant.”

“Oh, please forgive me!” The Queen was to fall if not for her maids.

“Now I must send humble petitions to that young Caesar, make excuses, and play tricks like a man of low status, who once did as I pleased with half of the world's territory, raising, and destroying people's fortunes. You knew how much you had conquered me, and that in battle, since my affection for you made me weak, I would obey you no matter what.”

“Forgive me, forgive me, my love.” The Queen shed her tears.

“Do not cry one tear, I say. One tear makes up for everything I have won and lost. Give me a kiss. Even one kiss repays me for what I have lost.” Mark kissed her. “One great man once said, the real and lasting victories are those of peace and not of war.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803–1884, American philosopher.)

“I will do mine later.” Mark embraces the Queen.

“I am touched.” Eros overheard the boss.

“Up your arse, you were.” Iras said.

“Yes, he called out, Oh, God.” Charmian added.

“I did too.” Iras smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...