Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Tony and Cleop Act Four Scene Five Sub-Act One

 

Act Four

Scene Five

Sub-Scene One

The wiser ones knew whom to side with.

 

Dodger City is a bigger town in the state, but there were not many cities near, so they just named that town there the city. When it was occupied by Caesar, the town boomed, and life there took a major lift. The inhabitants jumped to twice their numbers; the streets were flowing heavy with vehicles; and the shops flourished. That was not all; the wads of money appeared, and that attracted the others who wanted to ply their trades.

“Maisey, I swear by mother, I was just passing by.’ Old Jethro ducked from the can of beans thrown at him. He ran through the alley and ended up looking at the high fence at the end.

"Maisey is madder than a wet hen.” Jethro bit his nails. He turned and saw Maisey blocking his exit. She was born and bred by the best, and she could shoot the corn cob from your lips without leaving any residue behind.

“I swore...”

“Swearing ain’t going to bring your maw back. She has been dead for years.” Maisey hissed at Jethro. “Why are you passing that hussy’s place< and why is your zipper open there?”

“I had to take a piss.” Jethro wet his pants then.

It was pissing all over town; the streets were filled with potholes due to the heavy traffic, and God decided to pour those few days, making a bath non-mandatory for the kids. It was a wilder town compared to when the rodeo was there last. That did not dampen the moods of the boys there; they were prepared for the second battle at Dodger.

“I hear Mark Antony is coming with his boys. This time they are well armed, and some said he had those T-Fords added with armoured plates.” One of Caesar’s boys, while cleaning his gun, spoke out.

“That is not all. He has the Mexican with him.”

“Mexican? No, they are from Egypt. They looked like Mexicans, but they are from across the continent.” One other spoke. “They speak French too.”

“The Legionnaires are here. Viva La France then.” The Frenchman there shouted.

“No, it was Villita. That was what we called Pancho boys.” One of the faithful corrected them. “I was with them before.”

“Then you are a spy.” The first one who spoke shot the last guy in the chest. “I am from London, and we are united.” The one who shot was an Englishman.

“Feck!” The second one, who was a friend of the dead one, shot the Englishman. “I am from Dublin, and we do not like Londoners.”

“Heck, I am from French Guyana.” The Frenchman raised his hands. “I hardly know them.”

It was different on Mark Antony’s side. They were all united to serve their boss. The boss approaches the boys in preparation for battle. He was joined by Eros.

“Good day, boys. May the gods make this a lucky day for Antony!” Mark sounded out his confidence. He saw one of his lieutenants who survived the last battle with a scarred face. He was named Pacino, but now they just call him Scarface.

“If only you and your scarred face had convinced me a short time ago to fight on land!” Mark looked at Scarface.

“Chingar (fuck in Mexican), boss. I saw the gun aimed at my crotch. I jumped forward and got hit in the left cheek. It was better than to lose my ‘pito’ (Penis in Mexican.). My lover will not have a whistle to blow then.”

“She could use mine.” His friend shouted.

“And I will use your natis (buttocks in Mexican).” Scarface said.

“Try his, and you will never take others.” Another of his friends cut in. “He’s the barracuda there.”

“I heard some of the boys take to the barn. Who deserted this morning?”

“Who? One who was always close to you, boss.” Scarface said. “Enobarbus. He would not hear you, or if he does, he will call back from Caesar's camp and say, "I'm no soldier of yours.". Then he will shoot you in the face.”

“What are you saying?” Mark looked at Scarface.

“Boss, he has joined with Caesar.”

“Boss, he did not bring his chests of treasure with him.” Eros cut in.

“Eros, did he take your balls too?” Mark looked at the other. “No? Then shup up.”

“Is he gone?” Mark looked at Scarface.

“I am sure, Boss. I saw him sneak off.”

“Eros, send his treasure to him. Do it.” Mark was upset. “Do not withhold a bit of it; I order you. Write to him. I will sign the letters. Do not bother to send him kind farewells and greetings. Maybe the flowers will come later, when he is dead.”

“Tell him that I hope he never has cause again to leave his boss." Mark walked away. He was fuming in rage then. He cursed his fortune there.

“Oh, I have had such bad luck that it has caused honest men to become unfaithful! Hurry. Oh, Enobarbus! Do die in battle... miserably.” 

“What is with the boss?" The Frenchman asked when the other was out of hearing distance.

“Enobarbus is his friend at heart. He felt the hurt in the betrayal.” Scarface replied. “I did when my cousin married my fiancĂ©. I killed him, left her a widow, and came here, but my heart still aches for her. She would not accept me back, but inside of me, I still loved her.”

“Scarface, I thought you loved Margarita here.” Frenchman said.

“Es scortum obscenus vilis” (You are a vile, perverted whore). Scarface looked away.

 

 


 

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...