Monday, September 2, 2024

Tony and Cleop Act Three Scene Nine Sub-Scene One

 

Act Three

Scene Nine

Sub-Scene One

Are you farting at me?

 

“Enobarbus, I can see you are upset with me. Why? Just because I did not listen to you on the strategies?”

“No, Boss. I was...”

“You listen to me. What I tell you is my instruction. No one is...”

“Boss, are you listening at all? I think you are bewitched by the Queen.” Enobarbus had enough of it then.

“I am not. I had returned here to consolidate her position, as Julius would have wanted. The previous Caesar had plans for her to have the empire here. One that is not under Rome but dictated by him. He had enough of the consultants. He wanted to be free of them. He won them battles and expended the territory, and yet they squabble over his role.”

“Boss …...” Enobarbus was trying to set things in perspective.

“Enobarbus, Julius Caesar, returned to Rome without me as he wanted me to protect Egypt. I did it to the best of my ability.”

“By fucking the Queen too?” Then Enobarbus burst out. “I am sorry, Boss.”

“Literally, yes. After the death of Julius, The Caesar was murdered by them, including Brutus, who believed that Octavius, the new Caesar, was ready to do his bidding. I did not kill Brutus. It was current Caesar who did that. The very one that Brutus supported to be.”

“I know.” Enobarbus nodded.

“So, let me set the records right. The current Caesar cannot be trusted.” Mark told the other. “He is not of us but against us.”

“Yes, Boss.”

“So, do not fart on me. Now, let us see our forces on the far side of the city limits. If we charge in, we will be outnumbered. We need to plan the ambush here and there. It will be hit-and-run. No long battles. While the other group is at the coast, he has many ships and plans accordingly.”

“He has Pompey Jr’s boys with him.”

“I am aware, but his act toward Pompey Jr may have eroded his association with them. They loved Pompey Jr as we did for Julius.”

 

  

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...