Monday, January 18, 2016

The Planet 12.2

12.2  Kinsgley

Mark Kingsley stood there in the damaged battle suit. The droid battle suit was damaged with chest plate removed. So were the elbow pads but on the right shoulder the mounted mini cannon that was still working. It was aimed at me. He had lost the rotary mini cannon rifle model PH-500C but he held a side arm then.

“Hello, John. We met once more.” Mark looked to his battle suit. “Pardon the dressing. I have not changed just yet.”

We were in the hangar section on the craft. There were three battle suits there with the full array of weapons on it. There were also cases of explosives there. I proceeded towards him but he aimed the side arm at me.

“Move any closer and I will give you a new hole.” Mark was convincing with the side arm. “It was supposed to be a simple task. You were to be my recorder.”

“Record everything for me but you have to screw it all.” Mark took a step forward and it was then I saw his left leg. It was bloodied at the knee. That was not my focus but the speck of dust there. It was moving up the knee.

“Recorder? I am your fucking cam.” I hollered back. “Why can’t you just not knew tell me?”

“So you know? Who told you?” Mark stood back. “I guess the dust told you. Those deceit bastards never held their side of the deal. So how much do you know?”

“More than you will ever know.” I replied. “Why the alliance with them and also why are the Corsairs here?”

“There John, you were always the one with the questions. Even on my command, you were questioning me most times.” Mark hobbled on his wounded left leg. “I was contacted by the dusts that you knew as L 391. It was an arrangement we had until I was told that they were going to renegade.”

Mark was paranoia; I ought to know when he was my commander. He will send us out on scouting tasks to re-confirm what the Intel had confirmed.

“I got the Corsairs in as back up. They were to back your team but had to encounter the renegade dusts. That destroyed the stealth task when you detected them. With them out of action, I called for the backup plan.”

Mark was also an impatient person. He’s desire for victory supersedes all other desires. That was the major reason I left the Marines. He caused some of my good mates dead from his actions.

“Who else was in here?” I asked.

“Duggan was in. He was to be back up in case you failed. He was to remove the recorder from you.” Mark smiled. “I did not know he got Nguyen in too. I saw Machete reached for you. So I guess he was in too. Do you know what happened in Suzuka was also my doing?”

I feigned amazement at that line but the sidearm stopped me from attacking him.

“I had an arrangement with DOD to steal the Suzuka prototype then when your team went in. Duggan was given the command with your team. I did not tell the DOD I had a backup plan which the Kings went in to steal the prototype. Unfortunately, the DOD wanted retribution. They lost their mercs and wanted your heads.”

“Yeah, we heard you bought us our freedom.” I replied. “And get us to join your team.”

“At a high price. Your team survived when DOD did not. Since you joined the Kings, your contributions have been good. You got me some great winnings. This one was one. You managed to get us access to the Core Domain. Even the dusts kept that from me.”

It was then I snapped out.

“So you brought out the whole brigade of droids to defeat a nation. You …”

“Clam it, John. The dusts are insignificant but the Core Domain was the survivor. I need that to study it.”
That was the real Mark Kingsley.

“Arghh!” Mark screamed out. There was when I saw the blood spurting at the wound. The dust had moved inside the wound. I saw Mark fell to his knees and then on his side clutching his left knee. I saw him cringed and then screamed under the intense pain on his body. He went into a convulsed position and then I saw more wounds appeared. It was the dusts that had formed into a molded spike and it was damaging Mark’s body.  I rushed over but Mark had then raised his side arm at me again.

“I will not have you gloating at my obituary.” Mark keeled over when the spike struck out from his nose. I had then turned away from the death throes of his.

“Hello, John.” I turned towards the voice. It was the smaller version of Daniel with blood over it. “I am happy you made it. We are all happy you made it.”


Daniel was growing in size. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...