Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Planet 12.1

12.

12.1 Surface

I felt myself moved forward but it was not a straight move. I felt as if I was being moved in different directions by the dust based on the tunnel bored then. During the journey, I felt the more vibrations, and it felt more like a series of explosion. I then noticed the tunnel below me sealed up below me. It was as if the dusts had responded to my thoughts; it shut me off from battle scene. I did not have long to wait before I was to exit from the tunnel.

I felt myself ejected out and was caught by the strong wind that swept the surface. I was tossed in the wind and felt my body scraped across some hard surfaces but I was fine. I suddenly felt the wind subsided and fell to the surface. I was saved by the wall of dusts that shielded me. I was shaken by the impact and laid there on the surface. The dusts have formed a cocoon around me and the wind was on the outside. I stayed there to recover from the impact.

The moment I felt the wind had died down outside I tapped at the wall of dusts. It fell off like crusts and a hole appeared. It fell apart to a size which I could crawl through. There was a state of serenity out there. I meant that the whole place had turned silent. The scene was like a stroll through the graveyard on late afternoon; everything was in a stand still.

Even the large craft I saw on the nearby horizon.

It had Kinsley sign on it.

It was KDS Kingsley Five. The oblong airship with a length of a thousand five hundred yards and a radius of two hundred yards at its widest had its rear door lowered. I pushed my body up and it was then the shots came. I saw the newly designed double armored explorer series. That was a modified C-102, which resembled a saucer on two extended metal legs with tracks wheels. Each unit was with a radius of twenty five feet and a depth of ten feet. . The saucer has a set of swivel mounted twin mini cannons on the top and bottom on the saucer. On the side of the extended legs were the three mini missiles mounted there. The unit was operated by the human who sat in the saucer. It have a series of sensors built into its system.

There were four of them and was attacking the Kingsley Five. There was also a squad of mercenaries in the flanks armed with heavy weapons. They were dressed in DOD colors.

The Kingsley Five was not without its own defenses. The cannons mounted on its hull retaliate at the C-102. The first salvo took out one of the units. The other three units attacked the rear door of the Kingsley Five. From there, three battle droids appeared and defended the door. The remaining three C-102 exchanged fires with the droids. In seconds the one of the three droids went down with its chest plate burst open. The second droid went down its left lower tracks blown off.  It was time for the DOD to hit for the doorway when it was lowered.  The shooting stopped then.  I saw the anti grav-loader tray was pushed out hovering at three feet above the surface. It was Dmitri and he was wrapped in bandages around his midriff.

“Hold your fire!” The order was given by the DOD Commander. His name was Mathew Bane and was a back stabber and officer. “He’s got a Mega-Nuke there.”

It was true then for Dmitri had pushed out the hexagon design explosive with the capacity to blow up the planet.  It measured over four feet across and weighed half a ton. Dmitri had on a dead man trigger in his right hand raised high above his head.

“You bastards DOD backed off.” Dmitri shouted. “Kingsley won’t give up for your end.”

A stray shot could explode the bomb then and it was seated on the loader. Dmitri pushed the loader with his left hand. The DOD Commander stepped forth with his rifle lowered.

“It’s not you we want, Corsair. We want the five survivals of Suzuka.” The Commander voiced out. “They owe us a debt which had yet to be repaid. They defied orders and deserved to be shot.”

“Screw it, DOD. Kingsley bought out the contracts then.” Dmitri replied. He must have known through Peggy. “You hold no rights on them anymore. They are Kingsley Kings now. The Corsairs are allies with the Kingsley now.”

“A truce which we once held with the Kings but not anymore. We want only the five and then we will leave.” Commander Bane stated his demands. “The DOD does not want to fight the Corsairs.”

“Screw you, Commander. The five are not here. They are in there.” Dmitri pointed to the surface. “They are battling the war there.”

“I…” Commander Bane did not get to complete his words when the surface trembled. It was as if a quake was happening then. Pockets of dust blew up like little whirlwinds but they were all dusts. The whirlwinds were appearing everywhere from beneath the surface and rose up high to over thirty feet in some with a radius of over twelve feet. It grabbed the mercenaries and tossed them into the air to land a distance away or be taken by another whirlwind. The last battle droid was tossed aside like discarded equipment.

And so was Dmitri.

He was grabbed by the nearby whirlwind and then tossed into the vortex. The grab also make him lost his grip on the trigger and the countdown had begun.

It was set at sixty seconds.

I saw the craft engines were started up and the rear door was closing again. I have little time but to run for it. It was a short distance but then the wind picked up again. I was to reach the doorway when the wind came. It blew me away by a short distance but then the doorway was moving half way to close. I pushed myself up and ran for the closing doorway. It was then the craft began lifting off from the surface and the doorway was almost shut. I was still a few feet away. I reached out with my left hand for the door edge. I grabbed it with the fingers and tried to haul myself up.

I got the grip but the door was near to full closing. I felt the pressure on my fingers trying to hold on. There was a lurch on the craft lift off when the winds impacted it. The craft went into a tile on its side and the doorway creaked open. It was not a large opening but one which I managed to pull myself in. I landed on my back inside the craft just when the doorway re-calibrate and then closed.

I was in.


“Nice of you to drop in, John.” It was Mark Kinsley. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...