Friday, December 2, 2022

Buzz...Buzzer me...2/12/22

 I'll be darned, it's 2/12/22 today. 

Not be damned, mind you. 

Not when i am penning the new tale for now called the NEPHILIM. I started soon after I have done Part 1 of the Arthur/Shelly Holmes joint tale... still have yet to do PART 2 to complete it. 

Well, I was drawn by evil or was it malicious thoughts to pen NEPHILIM and here is an extract of it at about 21,000 words in length for now.

 Sneak preview of my current writing tale;

“Spare me your ascension to be the main Lord. I have only seen you like a dozen moments; fleeting ones too, and for that you are new.” Asmodeus stepped up to the other. “I was doing some clean-up at the chamber.”

“Godly forbid, it has accumulated over the generations.” Asmodeus cringed at the shoulders. “Considering the line of my skills, the left behind stuff can be nauseating.”

“Did I leave my spunk there?” Satan queried. “Like in a glass tube.”

“Oh, spare me your rhetorics. I have seen more of your creations since the turn of time.” Asmodeus laughed. “What are you? Double horned there too?”

“Go away, you …” Satan swallowed the bile in his mouth. He does not dare to offend the other. He needs her at times. It was not the broken bones but the annoying back sprain that he incurred when he battled Raphael. He had his flaming trident but that was no match to the strength of the Angel who wields the long spear later known as the Spear of Destiny.

According to myth, the Spear of Destiny was passed down through a line of kings, after being found during the Crusades. It was said to have given many powerful rulers their authority, plus the ability to control their destinies. It is also sometimes called the "Holy Lance" 

“I do have that pain…” Satan turned his back toward Asmodeus.

“Well, raise the cloak and toga. It ain’t the first time I have seen your rear.” Asmodeus bend to look at the spine area.

“I can see the red welt had not subsided. I think you still need the application on it.” Asmodeus then poked with her finger at the spot.

“Arghh…”

“Hey, it’s not that I pulled your tail there. Hold on. I need to check the tenderness of the welt.” Asmodeus did another poke. “It’s still there.”

While I am plotting this, I was reading some books and came across CORIALINUS from Shakespeare. I did an adaption of that some years ago. Then I surf at SHAKES's plays and speed read on HAMLET. 

Wow! A plot formed in my head and it's not Scottish. I have been researching the different approaches to it and once I have done the devilish work here.

Cheers

P.S I do my works and I am stressed or in between the works, I penned my works ... to ease the pain on my spine


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...