Monday, December 26, 2022

Buzz Buzzer me Its Boxing Day 26th Dec

A snippet of Act 3 Scene 1

“What a drab!’ The head servant overseeing the setup had complained. “Why we just had a wedding and now.. what a tragedy to be played. What is the play to offer? A ghostly apparition to view perhaps.”

“I know not what, perhaps Romeo and Juliet with the Prince himself in madness.” Another servant replied.

“Hush your words, Alfred, or you may feed to the bats or into the dung heap there.” The Head Servant snapped at the other. “It's not a joking scene now with the word ‘madness’. He may lay the Joker’s antics, but he is not suited here. Asylum will be ideal for him. So may the ghost do they stay there.”

“You quiver at madness yet you heeded to call an asylum suits him. Are you mad too?” The servant retorted. “Calling the kettle black indeed.”

It was then a bat flew past from the dark corner, lost in its trail, blindness not aided by the light, but uses its sonar to find an exit back to the cave.

“Confounding to have a bat in the day. Open the windows, lest the demon loses its way once more and frighten our guests.” The Head Servant then glared at the servant.

“Did you feed crumbs again for the birds? I think you did for I found seeds on the porch.”

“I did not. I may have some fruits but never thought I will bring in bats.” The servant admitted.

“Pray to tell me why fruits? You expect the King’s ghost to return for its wine.” The Head Servant snapped once more.

“You said the play may be for the ghost tonight.” The servant quipped out.

“Nephew of mine, it was bloodline that kept you employed but the rage of the blood may see thou to wash the steamers in the outside soon.” It was akin to having to tend the horses in the stables some years ago.

“I will leave for the kitchen. Hot as Hell but safer than your wrath of Hell.” The servant left the Hall. 


I am in my madness throes back at writing. Hamlet may be as I have worded below.

“Yes, for most plays, but for this play I want us to see the audience for theirs. I need to draw on their real emotions, and not played-up idolize the player there. I want their script to be read.”

“A wonderment for me as I have never thought of that.” The Main Player was impressed.

“As playwrights adapt the other script, to give it a new look to the original, and roused the listener to look at it not from the original but the new perspective. A new play altogether.”

“Encore!” The Main Player roared.


I am nearly done with Part 2 of Dante's adaption, and the last chapters will grace this blog soon. I have yet to be inspired to conclude Part 3 but I shall in due time. 

It's not easy to adapt or re-write a tale more so when it's a classic read and adapted by many. If you had read the chapters of Dante's here, you will notice the difference in the flow and its plot lines. Now my next effort is to conclude it with a bang that no others may have imagined. 

As I am doing now on Hamlet. 

Tally Ho into 2023, as we widen the world of our imagination.

Cheers

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...