Saturday, March 27, 2021

Trojan War Chapter 44

 

44.

Hephaestus rushed towards the chamber of Athena at her tower. Athena was then agitated that her assigned warrior had failed. She was seated on the throne seat of her’ and was dressed in the red gown. She was expecting victory but when the communication came from Diomedes, she was disappointed.

Her disappointment was to revert to anger when she was told that the other God was to see her.

“Athena, I was told that you were involved in the heist of the core at Troy Four. How dare you intervene when I was there to get the return of what was mine.”

“What was yours is now not in my possession but with someone we detest mutually?” Athena snapped back.

“Was it Hera?” Hephaestus held a rift with Hera since birth. “Or was it Aphrodite with Ares?”

“No, it was the other. Artemis had taken your item.” Athena told him. “She stole it when I was to take it.”

“Why? We were told not to get involved? Is she supporting the Trojans?” Hephaestus roared out.

“Athena supports no one but herself. She wanted the core to work out her new war strategies. She was always challenging us all. She detested me and Aphrodite.” Athena stirred the hatred in the other. “Would you join me in defeating the Trojan?”

At that moment, Artemis had her aides to examine the core for its formidable material. The initial result came back to her.

“We have examined the composition of the materials and found an amount of the organic metal named as mycellion which are rare to find. The organic metal has combined with the other materials and formed a level of hardness that is more than the hardest we have seen.”

“Where could they have gotten the organic metal?” Artemis asked.

“The only source rumored to have it is in Zeus domain but he has Poseidon to protect it.” The aide reported. “And it’s only a rare vein of it in the rocks. The amount registered here is more than the stated quantity.”

“Could t discover a new source and we were not told?” Artemis asked. “Where is he working now?” 

“He was last seen at the Macedonian worlds. He was forging…” The aide reported.

“What was the forging then? I knew he likes to work there for it was above the volcano vents. I need to know where he got the organic metal.” Artemis snapped out.

“My Goddess, there is one other thing. Mycellion is not a stable metal and we had detected a new material which may be the catalyst to the process of assimilation of the mycellion.” The aide upon reporting the new possibility was sent across the chamber when punched by Artemis.

“Imbecile! I want to know it all. Find that out or be prepared to be fed to my pets.” Artemis roared out.

The retrieval of the core had also reached the attention of the others.

“I am not surprised that Athena and Artemis had acted on their part to this war,” Aphrodite spoke to Ares while she was undergoing her treatment of mud bath. The God of War had visited her to inform her of the two Goddess actions.

“Artemis is said to be having the core now.” Ares looked at the Goddess. “How should we retaliate? If she uses the core for her use, she may be the next Zeus.”

“And we need to prevent it. May I stated that your antic with Apollo had rendered the Archaeon combined fleet to half their strength. Do you think it’s the opportune time to step in as the savior and restore their fleet? And resumed the war.” Aphrodite smiled.

“I thought you were with the Trojan?” Ares asked.

“I am with whoever may win but I do detest Helen. May considered her as more than me. That is something I cannot accept at all.” Aphrodite smiled. “I do have Paris with me now but he is no prize bull at all. I made the mistake of participating in your call for judgment. I was badly judged by a bad judge.”

The loss of the core to the Queen was met with mixed reactions from the Trojans. They have gathered at the Hall of King Priam at Troy One.

“My apologies, King Priam. We were stopped by the Minotaurs that were with the Amazon Queen, and they delayed us. Heracles who was with me was wounded in the fight.” Hector reported in.

“The Amazons are our allies.” King Priam said in disbelief. “They are part of the Frontier who allied with us.”

“My King, we stand alone. The Frontier is no more with us. Their hideouts were destroyed and they have left for the unexplored space. The traitorous Mysians are with them led by Telephus.” Hector was upset. “We should not have trusted them at all. They are all renegades.”

“Then we stand alone.” King Priam sighed.

“How do we stand with the Olympians? They have said that they won’t be involved and yet we have seen their hands into some of our battles.” Hector asked.

“I have asked Zeus, but he won’t see me. I am afraid we will be alone.” King Priam looked to the gathered.

“Return Helen and the war will be over.” A voice resonated among the gathered and it was echoed by the others.

“Yes, let me go … there. I am willing to go to stop the war.” It was Helen who appeared before the King. “I beg your forgiveness to intervene but the war was my fault.”

“Yes, send her back.” They gathered there roared out and King Priam had to raise his arms to stop them.

“I would have but the war had taken its toll on us. The Trojan worlds are invaded and destroyed by the enemy. It’s not a war of Paris and Helen but on the Trojan worlds. Your planet and mine are in their mind to be destroyed. They want to terminate us all. Helen was only an excuse.” King Priam voiced to the gathered.

“We all had friends, relatives and maybe immediate family at the Outposts, Troy Five to Three, and our allies….once allies, the Frontier. They are now refugees in our world or on the lookout for a new world free of the tyranny of the Archaeon.”

“I say we fight on. We have no choice but to defend Troy or what is left.” King Priam concluded his words to the then silent gathering. He then turned to Helen. “You will remain in your chamber for the duration of this war.”

“Before I go, do you have a word from Paris?” Helen asked but she was taken away before an answer could be given to her.

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...