Thursday, March 11, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume I Stories 37

 

The Untold tale of the Witch

 

Author's Note:

It s the story to follow up on the Wizard of Oz. Guess who is the real Witch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I stood there as the last of the folks leave and I am all alone on the hill. I looked at the headstone on the grave. Its words are few but it reads as loud; 'Here Lies the Wicked Witch of the West'. They spell not her name on it but they carved on it the cursed name they gave her.

 


Elphaba was her name but I know not what she calls herself now. She was once my close friend and yet once rival for the love of these folks. But I am not here to mourn her empty grave nor am I here to tell her that she did no wrong nor right. I am here to stand before the wordings carved here as it was not meant for her but me. I am the true Wicked Witch here.

 

Oh, not the few I was with knew so don't be surprised if you did not know it too. I could shout my vocal cords to declared myself but it would not dispel the aura of lies that I had dispenses on them. They however took to you for the true me on your greenish looks compared to my fair skin.

Wicked; they call you.

 

Witch; they named you.

 

But little do they know the true history of us together.

 

I dread the day I saw you in the dorm room; a misgiving of the Mistress to housed us together then but a blessing now as it hid all my dark actions to your name. It was from the start I had planned this with your sister's arrival at the school. Nessarose's name was above mine in the registry just as yours was below mine in the registry. I came in to learn and also get back what is mine. Nessarose holds silver shoes. The very same shoes my father gave her and not to either of us who are his daughters too. I know not of you, but I yearn for what is his and only for me it shall be bestowed. And no other shall have a part of it. All mine to hold is my desire.

 

True to my desire, I do not need to hunt for it now as I am wearing it now. The fools you all are to think that I would let Dorothy flies with it home when it was my doing that she lost it in the desert on the flight of her, but the desert was my camouflage to retrieve the shoes.

 

But you may be asked why do I treasure what is from my father when he treasures not me?

 

It's from these items, I channeled the source of my hatred for our father. Yes, our father who hid as the Great Wizard of Oz; who unveiled as the hoax. Our father is a heartless man who sows but does not reap what he sows. But he knows not that I am one of his, and he would never be, as he is now banished to his world; leaving me to govern this one. I planned it all for this day just as I plan your friendship with me for I needed a partner to be taken for my wicked ways.

 

I led you to your quest to help the animals. It was planned by me with the help of the foolish Doctor who thinks I loved him. He thinks of loving me but he is a fool to think that a young lady like me would go for an elderly man of foolish dreams. My heart then was for Fiyero; the dashing man of carefree days, but he yearns not for mine. I cursed him as I am saddened by his desire for you.

 

But you mocked me still with the steal of the book of spells that I secretly desired.

 

That's two things you stole from me, 'sister of mine'.

 

And since then, besides our father, you are my next most hated person. I would like to need to destroy you more than him. I pledged my vengeance that you would never see it coming but it would hurt you more than mine. For that I took the trail to learn and endured the sight of that one I know is my father for he treats me like his servant in his home. He made me do his things that only servants performed but the day will come that he will be servitude to me. His pain on me would be on you in more folds than you can envisage.

 

But I did not plan the arrival of the bitch Dorothy, whose works was that of the Mistress. But her arrival signaled my new plans to seek your forgiveness for my earlier mean actions. It's a ploy for you to lower your guard on me, as I stand behind you with a knife pointed at your back. But you surprised me with the sacrifice of yourself for this silly world of Oz.

 

You are gone now and so is your nemesis. But her allies thinking at all is safe would have a brief respite as I planned my new conquest. But know this, my once dear greenish friend, Glinda stands alone now, and none may challenge her as the Wicked Witch of West and East.

 

Oh, and another thing, you may run with Fiyero but you may not hide forever. I would hunt both of you but never to capture them. Once you are cornered, I would offer you an avenue to escape as long as you keep on running forever.

 

For am I not the true Wicked Bitch after all.

 

You are sad for me?

 

Don't be, as I am not tied to those emotions. Just as when I am dead, leave no words on my gravestone, for I expect no one to come to mourn the loss of one like me.  You may bury me here, but please add the word; 'east' to it. I am quite particular about my influence.

 

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...