Thursday, March 11, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume I Stories 38

 Mushy mushy

 

Author's Note:

Contest to write on Mushrooms and Fairies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"This life as a mushroom is very unfair. We are being discriminated by colors." The Yellow Dot Mushroom planted herself next to the Red Headed mushroom.

 

"


Pardon me, Yellow Dot. Ain't you taking a chance being near to me?" The Red-Headed one asked the other mushroom.

 

"Red Darling, if anyone picked you up; that person is destined for a long stay at the Wards for food poisoning. The only reason I am here is to avoid being plucked by them. So give me some fertilizer space, will ya?"

 

Now both mushrooms are in high emotions and I have to intervene. I stood between them and said to them to be nice and kind. It's not every day we get to share our love. So the two mushrooms decided that the garden patch is big enough for all of them.

 

It was then the Amanita Mushroom came marching in.

 

"I am here to the complaint that we the Amanita has been discriminated for public removal due to our poisonous contents. We know our flesh is not suitable for their consumption which is how we evolved for centuries. We wanted to left alone but still, some idiot has to consume us. I am moving my family to the deep forest. At least the deer there knows we cannot be eaten." The Amanita Mushroom continues on its journey with its entourage of mushrooms from mama to kiddo.

 

It was then I looked at my watch. I am going to be late home.

 

"Pardon me, Pixie. I gotta go. Bye."

 

Next thing I know I am in a hospital bed with my parents looking down at me.

 

"She is awake. Doctor, how is she?" I find myself in a hospital ward with a doctor now checking my vitals. But how did I get here? I remember last I was on a picnic with the family at the nearby woods. And I eat some mushroom I found on the fallen log by the stream.

 

"She will be fine. The effect must have worn off. As I said earlier, your daughter could have consumed the mushroom containing psilocybe cubensis, which is a hallucinogen chemical. But it's only temporary. She will be fine now. You can take her back in an hour."

 

I find my parents coming forward to hug me like when I first met Pixie. But my friends from the mushroom patch are all missing. Maybe I dream of them, or I did live with them when I was in the dream. I won't know I guess.

 

It was then David, my brother came forth to see me.

 

"Did you see the mushrooms?"

 

I nodded. And we both had a good laugh.

 

 


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...