Monday, February 22, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume I Stories 26

 Six came to play and only one walked to victory.

 

Author's Note:

The scene calls for a game of revenge among the six and only one to survive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Here is the code to the vault. This is the moment of truth. All we did to work for the last three months comes to this moment. A cool ten million awaits there inside the vault. So who will do the honor? Eunice, care to go first. You were always the cool head who sorts out the kinks in our plan. Or maybe, Ted. You were the one who gave us the first idea to get this heist done. You were the leader until you screwed it up on the planning. Arthur, you took the lead then. You changed the whole plan to be this one which we pulled off finally. I knew you did this for Nancy so she would live comfortably with you. I know all of that as Nancy talked too much to me. In my bed. Sorry, Bart, but I never told you I am bisexual.”

 

I walked around the room and looked at all five of them.  My name is Sally and I am the one who initiated the plan for all of us. I was with Ted to investigate some losses in millions on the trades. We knew who was to be blamed but we found more on the investigation. It was my report that got Ted all riled up and then he was amicable to some suggestions of mine. It did take much to do him in with his debts on the outside. He had a bad plan for a person who can probe loopholes in the system. So I hinted to Arthur then; he was pissed at being blamed for the trade losses. It was not his fault but it was mine to direct on the blame. I coaxed him to get even, and he owns up on this stupid plan which Ted did first. I played along telling Ted to toe the line for now. Arthur had Nancy on his side, or she has his rein on him. He will do anything for Nancy; the jerk works on her heels if she asked him. But she was the key as she has the access to the funds' program. She knew the codes and she could be our Trojan horse to go in. Arthur played up to her and for once he could be out of her influence and his own man. But his plan was flawed too and if I can see it, so can any idiot out there. That’s where I roped in Eunice.  She is the best in her field, studying the figures and trends. She sorts out the kinks and even out the odds. Greed was also her incentive. It was she who told me of the final obstacle; Bart who has to be on the team or we cannot proceed to the last stage. He is the approval man on those transfers. So I put on myself to him and was he a sucker for one lady who thinks he is the man. Like Arthur, Bart would have licked my heels if I tell him to do. But I consented. But how wrong he was as I prefer either as long as I am Domino.  I did to Nancy when she was getting jittery, so I got her to come back on the team. I played my role to her needs for control, but little she was to know I was the one calling the shots.

 


They all looked at me, two bad boys wanting to play the game badly, but the last one, Bart played to mine. Nancy was brought in on the empty promises of us together without Arthur but Eunice was the vixen. She wanted along as she saw the benefits; she calculated her risks and she thinks she could win. But little they know I was the planner, the executor, and also the assumed victim here.

 

“Nobody moved. This is the police.” They came in as I planned to the cue of the timing as I set out for them. Eunice, in this game; I rank better than you. The police took us in but I was hailed the informant and given a credential for public service. But they did not recover the missing millions. It got lost in the tangle of the web which Nancy created with Arthur’s help. Bart tried to implicate me but he forgot I  already set the scales against him from the start. Only Bart was puzzled how someone knew his access codes. Truly in between the sheets, you can do wonders.

 

That was six months ago and now I am sipping a martini in Monte Carlo watching my son who has recovered from his urgent surgery on the heart.

 

"I am here, darling. Mummy will do anything for you." 


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...