Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume I Stories 19

 

My once fallen Angel

 

Author's Note:

The story of an Angel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 



“I could feel the wind then as it tickles all over my body. It was a great feeling to feel it but the wind unlike me is a free entity that flows where it wants to go and no one can hold it all. If you do hold the wind, it will just shut down and start somewhere else. That’s the magic of the wind. I wanted to be like the wind then until you showed up. I did not know then that you existed as I can’t see you like others may do so. But soon in me, I know you do. You came to me that day to hold me in the dark and led me back to the light. I guess I needed one then and you knew.  It's not like I was a lost child as I been around for years but I was getting tired that day and wanting to end it all. Before you came, I had no one to looked for anything I need.  There were some guiding hands but they showed me more specks of dirt in me that I have to cleanse.  But not you as you held me close and kept me secured. I know I should not be asking it now, but do you really love me, or are you just passing by in my lifetime. If you are the former, I would love you to hold me more. If you are later, leave me when I close my eyes as I cannot bear to part with you when I am awake.  If love is blind, then I am in love with you.  But be true in yours for me at least during the times you are with me.  Like the wind, let it flow and hold nothing back. When you do stop, it will crumble to nothing and it matters not anymore.  You can hush my lips but you cannot hush my love for you, Jac.”

 

Those were his words but it was him who has to leave as the works of an Angel, even though he was once a fallen one, is never completed. His revival in my love has rejuvenated his gift to heal and he is now doing that as I dream of him.  But sometimes, an angel does forget that one he was once in love with and healed him. If he was to know, I too need his healing gift as I lie on the bed to await my operation to correct my sight. Let me see you one more time, Angel before I lose my blindness.  For its in blindness I saw you, and with my sight restored I may lose you for good. But he did not turn up then and he will never turn up now after fifty years. A sight restored and a love forgotten is not a good bargain but one I had to accept as angels do work in their way.  This time I will close my eyes, not to blindness but life as I am leaving here. So I asked again the same request I did then.

 

Would you be with me again as the wind? And this time it's not a bargain from him but me.

 

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...