Saturday, January 16, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume I Stories 9

 Puss In Boots

 

Author's Note:

Ever asked yourself what happens after the marriage or love in Disney shows. This one won't get mentioned in them  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 


 

‘Awake, puss. I got a task for you to undertake’. Now what I dislike most was the rude awakening in the cozy afternoon when the dark overcast skies spell rain in the evening. And as a cat, I disliked rain but I woke myself up.

 

There he was; my master in his silky wardrobe and ruffled hair. He must have just woke up himself from his afternoon stupor.

 

‘Ye, I am awake, so what woke you to disturb my sleep?’ I asked of my master, who seems to be rather unbecoming lately of a Marquis. If you recalled well, I was the one who gave him the position after I ate the Ogre, but as they said; you can clothe a man but you cannot make that man fit the clothes.

 

‘Hurry, Puss. My wife ran away home again. And I am in her need to see her dad soon. If she is not with me, I won't get past the lawn to the house. So go now and get her now, Puss.’ I can see he is frantic and desperate, but this is not the first time I had to rush over the country to retrieve his wife. She is after all a lady of the Marquis House and delicate persuasion are to be employed. But tell that to a miller’s son, and you might as well be pulling the tail on the donkey butt. Yup, it's a nasty kick on ye.

‘So my dear master, did you offend her again? Or did you come in drunk and smelled of filth and dirt, and demanded she removed your boots?’ I sat back on 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...