Friday, January 8, 2021

Weekend Special Short Tales California 2.2 Chapter 2

 

2.

My metal frame was made of the titanium interlaced with steel for the extra tensile to the metal. I was designed to reflect the human frame but the designer made me wider in the chest with longer limbs and a head design that resembled the half dome. The other unique part of me that when I need tom, I will transform into the eight limbed frame with the extra four limbs that protruded from the back. It was more like tentacles for the six upper limbs will extend to twice the length, and my ends will be transformed into three prongs grappling design.

“Hang it there.” I heard the call by the caretaker fifty feet below me while I was perched on the narrow ridge on the wall. It was a narrow ridge that lined the wall there and I was using that to move the picture frame held by one of my upper limbs while two of the other upper limbs was holding the ridge to move.

“Another feet to your right and then you can rivet the hanger there.” The caretaker called out from below. He was an organic human in his fifth decades of age, and his frame was decayed. I moved with the calculated working from my programs. The ridge was ancient but it still retained the strength to hold my frame. Well, I lied. I had my antigravity disc on and was using the grips on the ridge to guide my movement.

“Quasimodo, I don’t have the whole day for you to move.” The caretaker hollered out. I took my fourth upper limb to extend it to the designated spot. I tested the wall surface. It was like the ridge ancient and held a layer of paint and plaster. I called up the drill contraption from the center of the grappling unit. The small diameter held a diamond head and the drill bit extended out half a feet and bored a hole. I drew back the drill bit and then retract the limb. The limb then reached for the hanger unit and then it extended to the bored hole. The hanger slotted in and then on the push of the point, the hanger rivet into the wall. That held the hanger there where I hung the picture frame.

“Are you going to stay there for the whole day?” I was not hearing. I had my sight on something else. It was in the Dome.

The Dome was not any place. It was the Dome. It was the place where the artifacts of the world were kept.  It was the place that everyone wants to visit.

But not everyone was allowed.

Without the invite, they will still come.

“Let my hands off.” The commotion was on the area in the next section. I saw the enforcers were at work to remove the garish dressed human female. The female was struggling when she was held by the three enforcers.

“I just want to see the Totem. Let me go.” The female threw a left punch but the enforcers had worse. The one that was hit retaliated. The female was thrown back to the flooring. She was then kicked and dragged out.

“Stupid gypsy. They don’t deserve to be here.” The caretaker cursed at the female. He turned towards me, and hollered.

“Get down here, Quasimodo. We got other works to do.” I listened then. I floated down and rejoined the Mater. I followed the Master to the work area a few feet behind like a serf. We were cornered by the Captain of the Enforcers.

“Caretaker, I want to know why the rear door at basement sub level 2 was not fixed.” It was Captain Phoebus of the Enforcers. The leader held the tall lanky frame dressed in the dark uniform and the knee high boots and the dark beret. The leader was armed with the blaster holstered at the right side of the waist belt and the baton on the left hand. The leader was bald headed and had a scar on the right cheek. He had under him the command of twenty members for the Dome.

“I will take care of it, Captain Phoebus.” The Caretaker placed on the weak smile.

“Do it, Caretaker. Or I will do it permanently.”

The lock was simple to replace but the leaving it unlocked had baffled my logic.

That was the funny part in my logic. I was functioning differently there. I could not figure it out but the rationale explanation, I was fucked up inside.

What was not fucked up was the Captain.

“I dislike them all.” Captain Phoebus muttered when he stood at the vid console hat displayed the side entrance where they tossed the Gypsy female out. She was forcibility evicted but the Captain knew the female was going to back. She had been for over a dozen times and each time she made nearer. The Captain was curious why she was curious on the totem. He had seen the item named the totem.

It was an ancient artifact that displayed the miniaturized eagle perched on the tall building which was designed as the shelf display. It measured a height of five inches in the height and the base was three inches and the spread wing reached across at six inches. The display was in the dark shade.

The text display at the bottom of the display was Hotel California.

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...