Monday, September 8, 2014

Tweets ...Tweets...The ducks have landed.... 08/09/14

I have completed the 19K words for the 47 Ducklings. Its  a challenge to write from a duck's view with their quacking into my ears ( alongside with the magical play of Merchant Of Venice, with the sweet sounds of Les Miserables ) drove the fingers to tap. I will share my compilation includes adventures and some slick moves by the characters ( oriented by the old 80's kungfu movies ).

On the research, I actually learned more of these chickens from Broilers to Yokoyama breeds ( there are more than two dozen breeds ). KFC will never be seen as fried chicken anymore.

And the ducks were Mallard breed. I solemnly declared that name rang in my ear with the character of the Coroner from NCIS. I did adopt the image into my mind when I created the duck's character.

I also borrowed heavily from Shakespeare with the names of the characters.

The end of the tale was the difficult one. Shall I close the tale forever or leave it for a sequel? I leave it to you to decide when you read it later. Now the difficult task to add the illustrations to enhance the tale. The illustrator have been advised and with proper guidance we will come forth a well worthy tale.

Till then, I shared with you an excerpt.

“Cleop, return to formation. I will be fine.” Anthony quacked to the other. “Those are eagles and not some sparrows.”

“I care not. It’s the rare moments which we are alone.” Cleop replied while it flew next to Anthony. “Eagles or hawks; they matter not. We, the Niles know how to handle ourselves.”

Anthony looked over and horned at the other. It liked Cleop too but with Caesar in the way, there were no hopes of claiming the other. Anthony regretted not meeting Cleop earlier. That Niles breed looked so sexy when the feathers swept back with the wind. The beauty of Cleop was its unique shaped crown which was made for a Queen.

“Tell me, Anthony. Would we ever be alone again?” Cleop asked the dashing duck compared to the lame on flying at low formation. Cleop had joined alliance with Caesar to avoid a major war that will deplete their resources. Prior to meeting Caesar, Cleop had rumors of the brave commander and hastily agreed to the union. It was a selfish and unsatisfactory one when consummated. Caesar was pass its seasons and was more of a figure head. It was Anthony and Brutus who does most of the fighting. Cleop selected Anthony over Brutus although the other one had the wild duck looks for it also feared the motives of Brutus. According to Cleop, Brutus may be more brutal than its name. Even Caesar had confided with Cleop that Brutus was not to be trusted. Caesar once said that Anthony was loyal to the Commander in duty but not in love. “The first I could do with, while the second I may challenged on.” Caesar had told Cleop.

Anthony was to reply when it saw the guard scout flapping frantically. The two met in mid flight and the Guard cautioned the Legionaries.


“Those are no friendly. They are Seven Sea Eagles.” 


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...