Sunday, September 14, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 2 Part 1.29

Prologue 18

Othello stood on the ship bow, and looked at the blue sea. They have just started on their voyage that morning soon after the two days of stay at Castra. Since then, he was pre-occupied with the Legion, and hardly had anything with Desdemona. He knew she was upset but he had no words for her. He thought of this time with Desdemona, he had told her many things of himself, while she listened. She had listened to them all, but never once she asked him the crucial question.

Was it true all that he had said?

Or did he made up much of it?

Or nothing of it was real?

"Othello, can I come on board?" Othello turned to look at the love of his life.

"Desdemona, where I stood, you would have your place next to mine." Othello replied. He held out his hands to pulled her next to him.

"Man are always predictable." Desdemona steadied herself on the bow. She looked out to the sea. "They believe anything told more than twice."

"You are spoil for choice before,but now I am your only love. So you need not tell me more than once." Othello told her. "with you, once is enough."

"But last night, you were not satisfied with once. Was it twice or thrice? I can't recall. I must had fallen asleep." Desdemona smiled. It was not twice but the later was weak. He had rolled over complaining that his battle wound had cramped his movements. She was upset but she accepted it as the casualties of being committed too long like a union ceremony. It was not the same with the admirers, they try very hard to impress. Not the ones you had committed to.

"Tell me, my love. Was my tales that charming as claimed by your father?" Othello asked him.

"They were, my love. More exciting the second time. I found a few mistakes, but forgivable ones." Desdemona told him. She saw he was hurt by it and leaned over to kissed him.

"I did said forgivable." Desdemona took his hands to rubbed her breasts. "Would this work to compensate for you?"

Othello laughed. He knew that the ladies are his weakest point, but he enjoyed submitting to their desire. He was to take her below, but reminded that he was on the ship. He sighed at the lack of privacy.

"My love, not here, but when we land." Othello told his love. "I am needed to lead the Legion."

With that, Othello left his love there. She looked at him leave and frowned. He loved the Legion too much, sometimes more than her.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...