Friday, September 26, 2014

Tweet tweet ....Titus Adrian drained of blood... 26/09

Titus Adrian aka Titus Andronicus at 42,000 words and coming to an end soon; probably at 50,000 words which is my finishing line for any tale.

How was my journey?

It was madness, when the more I write on the tale, I had to go re-write previous paras to bring out the madness in the characters.

There were several characters to build on; Titus Adrian from hero driven to madness for revenge, Queen Tamara; vixen and yet she had her reasons, Aaron; slave and later body guard and lover to the Queen. Always at the sideline but influential. And not forgetting Lavinia; raped and severed of her limbs; who is she and how did she take the pain. The others; Micheal the loyal brother of Titus, and Lucas the eldest son of Titus. And so many more to describe.

It was exhausting to think like them. It was not easy to write on this tale, yet it brought me to type almost daily after the daily work hours.

How did I handle the murders and rape ( Was that what attracted everyone to this play? )?

Well, the first was easy to handle; kill the character in the most vile manner, but the second was the one I pondered on for sometime. Do I get too graphic or making it behind the scenes?In mine, I adhered to that with some details..... I leave it to you to judge the details. I hope I brought out her pain to the readers.

My next passages ( unwritten now ) at the ending now will be her confronting her tormentors. How will that turn out maybe different from the play.

Why again?

Because this is a savage tale. To feel it, I want to bring it out that may shuddered us. Not in the Twilight mode, but the Twilight Zone out feeling.

Till then, let us read on. Darned! I am already feeling to go back and re-write certain passages.....hahahaha


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...