Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Male Tales 1.093

Issue 1.093: Pet’s owner parents issue...
I took this extract from Wiki for my thesis dissection.
Scalpel..... got it. Lets us do the incision now........
A pet is a household animal kept for companionship and a person's enjoyment, as opposed to wild animals or to livestock, laboratory animals, working animals or sport animals, which are kept for economic or productive reasons.
I can agree to the first line as the pet is one animal we do not keep for economic or productive reasons. They are uneconomical to keep with their medical bills from the vet and surely is not productive unless you have a pair with different gender’s.
Or you have a sneaky dog like my neighbour’s who crawl or squeeze in between bars of steel to have an amorous affair.
No, she is not mine. Nor is her. They both belong to my neighbours but there are scent of their affairs in my garden.
No, I did not advocate free love at all times, nor do I condone ‘romeo and juliet’ liason in my unlit garden.
The most popular pets are noted for their loyal or playful characteristics, for their attractive appearance, or for their song.
I doubt my son’s iguana fits in either category. Nor will his friend’s beetle with their claws. If they have any appearance of playful on them, its probably hidden beneath their shell.
Pets also generally seem to provide their owners with non-trivial health benefits;[1] keeping pets has been shown to help relieve stress to those who like having animals around. There is now a medically-approved class of "therapy animals," mostly dogs, that are brought to visit confined humans. Walking a dog can provide both the owner and the dog with exercise, fresh air, and social interaction.
My first impression ( I loved those K9 series ) agreed with the above until the pets evolved into hamster, mices ( poetic correction from rats ) , reptiles including slittery ones, and also creatures that should belong to their original habitat. I do not regard a possum or a prairie dog the same as a domesticated dog.
The most popular pets are dogs and cats, but there are also rodent pets, such as gerbils, hamsters, chinchillas, fancy rats, and guinea pigs, and avian pets, such as canaries, parakeets, or parrots.
They should be let off to their own habitat and be far from the touches of human. I am not being biased, but they deserved that life compared to one where a kid with braces telling them ‘no no’ in their face. This is outrageous to the animal behaviour training. They need not be trained by the homo sapien; they been well taught for ages from their own.
Its just that we need to be taught that not all animals are pets for us to keep.
I rest my paws on the rug now. The days when a pet become to live like humans; we will have the animal kingdom to overrun the streets. Soon, one day, you will find walkways for the iguana on 58th district.  I wondered if their owners will picked up their poo poo during the walks.
I guess not. They trained me to sit on the potty nowadays. Now where is my lunch? Oh no, not those canned meat again. Don't they know its bad for my gastro system.
I guess they can't understand my barking anyhow. They might take it for begging instead.
( I am an advocate of animal rights, and most animals are not be kept as pets as its not their habitat to govern by us. They are to let free in their own environment and not kept in cages. Till the parrots can quip; ‘stupid buml with a hole, they looked like you’; I am staying without a pet human since I have a owner who served me for now. )

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...