Friday, November 18, 2011

Male Tales 1.092

Issue 1.092: Did ya or didn’t cha...
Generally, men do not gossip nor chat; we discuss matters of interest and also sometimes of our curiosity. So that distingush us from the others in term of social ethics. But we do share one common act commonly known as Did ya or didn’t cha...
It infallible in the both genders to raise this line when the occurence of something between two transpired, and they are not the affected party but a curious onlooker; concerned parent; or just bizzy with others welfare. I hope that clear the distinct line of our definition from the other acts or gestures.
But we will focus on from the male parent view for this tale.
A typical conversation takes place.
Your daughter or son is about to embark on their first date.
So you asked Did ya or did cha...tell me of this before; I meant going on her fist date.
‘Yes, I did’ and the mutter line of ‘ many times to your line of question.
And then you confront Mummy and she replied Did ya or did cha... not hear me then?
Pardon me, was it during the News or the football game.
Or was it on my way out to work?
Nevermind, wife do not have to explain twice or they get agitated and give you this line; Did ya or did cha... not hear me like always?
So we ponder the issue in between the news break and half times.
And with a quick glance to the clock and the door, and the kitchen; just in case they sneak in late.
And the missing child comes back.
Gosh, its just past curfew hour and depending on the gender the replies are the same; Did ya or did cha... know I have to send her home first?
Or Did ya or did cha... how long its to wait for the lift to come and open for you?
Pardon me, we are on a landed property.
No, dad. I am refering to the lift at the train station. And you have to allowed for those extra minutes lost. Its also called Collateral Times, like injury times in your football game.
Okay, they win. And you said; ‘huggies for daddy’.
Now then its the crucial moment.
Its like the final seconds of the fourth round in NBA or the 89th minute in the football game and you are one goal down.
And here is the coming game plan.
Its back to Mummy time.
‘Did you lent my aftershave.or perfume?’
‘No, can we discuss this tomorrow morning. Its past my bedtime.’
I guess she did.
And they all took the wrong one on them.
Or Did ya or did cha... took the wrong bottle?
I guess coming morning will be a more intense discussion but now sleep comes first.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...