Friday, November 18, 2011

Elite Part 14

1613 hrs.
Its those impatient youths and they just being reinforced by the some more of their numbers. Anothr three more SUV came in and more of those youths came down to reinforced the ones at the barricades. It looks they are planning to rush in now with their SUV or trucks as I can see two of them getting back in the driver seat and revving up the engine.
I signaled the men to reconvene at the lift lobby with the two large metal flower pots as cover. I am down to seven men now from my two squad.
‘Jones, go up to the sixth floor with Jensen. Unlocked the doors and released the hostages. Get them to leave by the staircase to the basement while we covered their retreat here.’
‘Lieutenant, permission to speak. Sir. It fragging suicides for you to stay.’
I like Jones for his concerns but he  should know I never plan to die but to live.
‘I got Mick coming with his men. So get your fragging ass off my lobby now.’ Jones left with Jensen, and I think he is smiling then.
‘Sargeant Mick, time to change plan. I suggest you come over and bailed us out. We are ready in ten minutes’. That was my call to Sargeant Mick.
I unclipped the ammo clip and slipped in my last clip. I hoped it will last the next ten minutes.

1623 hrs.
Jones reached the sixth level and unlocked the door. He saw the two hundred and twelve hostages on the floor, bounded by masking tapes and cello tapes. He went up to the nearest chap and took out his Ka-bar knife to slice the tape off. Jensen did the same and then both of them passed the knives to the freed hostage.
‘Do ye pals a favor. And for those of you who are freed, use the staircase to run to the basement and leave from there. Its unguarded now. And God speed, people.’
Soon a few of them was freed and they started leaving, but some stayed back to released the others. It was then Jones heard the gunshots from below.

1629 hrs.
Sargeant Mick rounded up Squad Eight and Nine to the truck for a quick dash to the next building and back here before the train come in. Squad Ten including the hacker is to cleared the Station and hold the train for them.
‘Mc Kinsey, hold the fragging train and tell the driver we are headed for the dock yard for a swim.’
Then he board the truck and cocked his M16A1. He also cocked the M203 for the first round of fire to suppress the youths enthusiam of fighting with vets like him.
‘Kick it, Ian. Your mother is my aunt and you bloody well do a good job, or she won’t see me for thanksgiving.’
The five ton truck shot off with screeching tyres towards the Plaza Diamonde. As they drove out, the Sargeant took aim with his M203 and fired off one round to the SUV. The grenade dropped into the rear seat through the open side window and blew up the vehicle. His men lined up on the side of the truck side; laid covering fire onto the gang members.
Ian drove like the master of the wheels and rammed into the building lobby and stopped next to the lift section.


1634 hrs
I tapped Marius’s shoulder to move him aside as I know the combination lock for the office. Something I learned from previous visits with the Governor’s aide. He was startled by my tap or me holding the SIG SAUER near his face. I motioned to him to move aside so I can punch in the codes. Marius stood across on the opposite wall so he can see inside while I punched the lock codes.
It opened the door, and I pushed it open from the side, while Marius pushed in with his body and went to a shooting half crouched position. He did a panning scan of the office interior for hostiles. Marcel meanwhile has also stepped in with Alicia. He was nice to push Alicia to squat down on the floor as he moved inside the office to check the rooms and corners.
‘Cleared.’ It was his confirmation on the office situation.
I closed the glass door and walked to the console on the far desk inside the office by the pantry. There is the same PC which the engineers did their works. They used a hardwre dongle to acitvate the program which is encrypted inside the harddisk. Due to the budget cuts, they have only one dongle so they kept that in the bottom drawer for easy access. It looks like mini pendrive with a USB connection, but it works differently. One of them used to called it the ‘chastity key’ to unlock the magics of wonderland.
I found the lock and plug it in. The program is not in the desktop but in the folder files. Its hidden under the Games folder by the fun loving engineer. I clicked on the executable file and the screen pop up with the name and password to be typed in. I typed ‘governor’ and ‘wildcat’ to activate the program. I looked for the project details and it showed no details can be found.
Then I remembered.
I look for the program folder for the recycle bin backup.
I click on that and the same program was shown with the words; details found. The funny looking engineer with the red nose whom we called the clown likes to play such tricks.
I looked at the details shown on the screen and back it into a zipped file. I opened the email program and had it emailed to me and also the President with the word ‘wildcat gone wild. Terminate with extreme prejudice.’ When the communication system is restored, the file will automatically sent out.
I keyed in the command key to format the harddisk and got up from my chair.
There was Marcel with the Uzi trained on me.


1646 hrs
The only way to hide your trail is to destroy your trails from others to recover it. I told Melanie to step aside and I pulled the trigger on my MP5A3. I shot it three short burst of 3 round each at the harddisk area. She is a writeoff for good.
And so are we if we do not get out now.


1647 hrs.
Jones moved slowly to the glass door on the Seventh Level. He heard voices inside and the shots came from there. If they are armed then its trouble. He signalled Jensen to cross over to the other side, but that was when all hell broke loose.
The door opened and a kid walked out followed by a lady. But she was armed with a Uzi, and holding a bag.
The kid saw me and Jensen; she went screaming.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...