Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Elite Part 12


1434 hrs
I completed my briefing to the men and they have accepted their new responsibilities. I told them to only surrender to the correct army officers with the correct uniforms. I told them I need to check on the other station and find what is happening. If I am not back by 2200 hrs they are to keep on guarding till I come back or when the army arrived.
Then I told Marcel to bring the ladies and we are taking one of the SUV. We might be safer with it as it has the markings of the gangs on it. They got in the SUV and I took the wheel. When I was out of the compound round the corner, I stopped to let my body settled down to it normal level. My hands then start to trembled and I was breathing hard now. Marcel offered to drive but I said no. I only needed a minute to settle down.
Meanwhile Melanie was clearing the SUV of its contents which was strewn around. She threw out beer cans and bottles with bags of potato chips. And some boxes of condoms with some small packets of pills. She did find a map fo the city but we did not need that now.
Marcel had then passed me a Glock 17 which I declined as I have my .357 Python. But Marcel remind me that I have limited ammo so he pressed on the Glock 17 onto me with a two spare clips. He also passed me two spare clips for the MP5A3. It was then I remembered the L96A1 rifle in the courier bag in my car at Marcel’s place. Marcel also gave me a small waist pouch which he said contained 3 fragment grenades. We laughed when I said ‘its too close for comfort there’.
I asked where do we go now.
Melanie suggested the Plaza D. She said they have the records there of this report. But Marcel said that the place is guarded and we are risking trouble to go there. But she wants to be doubly sure of the reports. The office the engineers were using was the seventh level belonging to Smith’s Geographical Company. It actually belong to the Governor’s cousin, who is named Smith.
So we set off for there. I noticed the winds are picking up and the traffic is bad. I wished I have my sirens but it won’t matter at all now.


1401 hrs
I was handled over a SIG SAUER P226 with two clips. Marcel asked if I know how to use it, I just nodded. He does not have to know more than that. He gave me two more clips for the Uzi and showed me how to changed the clips.
I asked for the grenades but he said no. ‘You got no business with grenades. If there is any blasting, it me or Marius.’ That was what he said.
I asked for the other SIG SAUER for my briefcase as spare. We can never tell when we need it.
I noticed the slight drizzle of rain drops coming in on the windows, and I am happy its finally going to rain. But would it be raining red or translucent water.
‘Mama, can I keep this then?’ I looked at the swiss knife on Alicia’s right hand. She told me she took it from the Evidence room just before we left. I nodded my consent as tears welled up in my eyes. The kid is too young to be seeing all this. I thought I would had taken her away from all of this but I am relieving my childhood with her now. She is seeing the same things I saw as a kid then.


1451 hrs.
My men at the Dock Yard report in of fighting at the warehouse further down the road. They told me its the Police Warehouse. And I was told its supposed to be empty as the policemen has yet to report for work there. They are supposed to report to the Station before going there. So technically, they should be dead by now. But we have shootout there. The report came in that there was a convoy of armed youths going there and that could be the shooting was all about. But I am not happy with the development.
My other report came in from Plaza Diamonde of the dead sentry. He was found in the staircase with a broken neck. And his gun is missing, and later recovered at the first level staircase. In addition to it, there was a half open window there, but they claimed it was difficult to climb on.
Difficult is not impossible and that is possible.
‘Trouble, Colonel?’ I looked at the Governor and shook my head.
‘Nothing we cannot handle. I can see the rain is finally coming. Did you hear of the typhoon Jimmie? Its just off your coast and could be the cause of the rain. Good for us as it allowed us to sailed home undetected.’
When the Governor was out of earshot, I rasied my comm to Lieutenant Ziva with specific instructions.

1451 hrs.
Lieutenant Ziva called on Corporal Ziden to take Squad One in the truck to scout the city for any signs of fighting and report back. The truck was driven by the Private Olsen and Corporal Ziden sat next to him. At the rear of the truck, three other privates sat with their weapons ready.


1459 hrs
Three souls with one passion; to live peacefully now is running for their lives. But they knew why they need to do so now.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...