Thursday, November 24, 2011

Elite No. 18

2045 hrs
I cleared the corridor of any hostile was walking up the side staircase to the upper landings. As I reached the top landings, I could see there was a man standing at the end of the corridor with a Remington 870 on his right shoulder. He is wearing army fatigue and there is three stripes on his upper arm sleeve.
‘James!’ I shouted out.
He turned to look at me and I shot him with the MP5A3 on full burst. I oculd had held the trigger for no more than 3 seconds and the Sargeant was flung to the balcony railings of the Central Wing. He felled over the railing still clutching his Remington 870.
I saw Marius looking at me across from the other corridor and he was shot then. I could see his Glock fell from his right hand and dropped a few feet away.
I ran across the corridor and round the connecting balcony to cross over.


2049 hrs
I felt the bullet hit me on my upper chest near the left shoulder. It must had been a clean shot as I could feel it ripped through the muscles and out from the back. I fell down backwards and the Glock left my hands as it slipped away. The next thing I know I was on the floor next to opposite wall.
I could see the General aiming his M1911 Gold Plated gun for a second shot.
It was by instinct of many years of training, I swung my body to the right side as he fired the second shot. The bullet hit the wall about six inches above the carpet. It was also from years of training, that when I turned my body back to the earlier position, I had my Colt Python in my right hand.
I fired the shot based on my training. It hit the General in the chest and he fell onto his chair.
It was then Marcel reached me and looked at the General in the room. The old man was holding his chest but my shot was deadly; it on his left too but lowered than mine.


2052 hrs
I reached Marius and looked at his wound. He will live and I am now aiming to kill whoever shot him. It was the General and he is hurt bad. I walked up to the General and kicked his M1911 away from his reach.
‘Kingfisher?’
‘Why the contract, General? What is Melanie to you?’
‘Melanie...... investment of millions..... you knew her?’
He never heard my answer as he was dead from the burst arteries in the heart caused by the bullet. I walked out of the room to tend to Marius.
Not many people know, but Marius got a rare DNA defect; his heart is on the right side of the body. Its called Dextrocardia.
Then I heard more shots from Marius. I ran over to joined him at the doorway. He has managed to drag himself in before the shots got more nasty.
‘Kingfisher! Come on out. Lets do a personal fight. Just you and me.’
Its Jones and he is still alive.


2314hrs.
Jones stepped out and reached for his waist strap on the Kelvar. He pulled off the Kelvar and removed it.He is a big man with his T-shirt rippling with muscles design on it.
‘Kingfisher, one on one. Loser gets a fast death wish.’
‘Pardon me, Jones. I am a gunman not a street fighter.’ I shot him with the MP5A3. At the short distance, Jones was flung back the corridor from the impact.
‘Coward.....’ was his last words.


2059 hrs
Three souls with one passion; to live peacefully now knows the rules of engagement, but they are outnumbered still but they will win as they felt that determination to stay alive helped them this far.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...