Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Male Tales 1.091

Issue 1.091: Places of Interest
Gee, dad. Did you hang out in places of interest ?
Well, I said I do, and it was ‘chic’ those days.
Anyway, during my days anyway.
So call me a jerk if I hang out in the library, and perusing the girls that comes in with their books and their hairs in twist ends. So okay, there was other novelty, there is the corner where we can read and whisper to each other, and also the chat corridor or outside on the roadside next to the ‘whatever they named it’ tree. Who cares about the name as long as the branches are low to conceal you.
Sure beats hanging out in McD or Burger Me shops and ordering a drink, and sitting over for hours. Fine, we have bathrooms in the library too and we could used it. For the right reasons.
But we have two advantages; ‘books’ which we can retrieved from the shelves and ‘peace and quiet’ surrounding. It helped a lot as the Librarian was a prudent old spinster with her mind of making others her companion.  Of her own gender for old age companionship.
But in today’s described ‘study area’ there is noise of other patrons and the drinks cost ‘a leg and two arms’.
Plus there are no shelves to store books. Or bags.2
But try to argue that with your teen kids.....
They believe the later is the best study environment. I should had seen that; who ever studied with a walkman or MP3 attached to the ears, and the laptop running online Twitter sites.  Or Facebooook; oops, sorry, that is their reference sites for ‘do you know....’
( Well, mine was the dictionary and reference book and I never left the section G,S and V. And I do know it did not start with with a ‘X’ for the word.  Just like how Essex is spelt. )
So where do you hang out besides the library, Dad?
I used to kick a ball in the football field or run laps around the basketball laps ( its shorter in distance. ) or watch a movie in the cinema ( cheapest ticket row where they crank your neck and the ticks bites. ). Or just sit by the porch and see the neighbours kids play.
Their reply; radical or was it ‘awesome’ dad..... I wished they meant well but I know its not.
So I asked them back, So where do you hang out besides the fast food joint, Son? I dunno much as I am away at work to bring in the money to sustain their needs, so pardon me please.
And the answer is awesome or radical.
‘Oh, we hang out at the mall and watch a show. The ticket is $9.00 on those offdays, or $12 on the peak. But we do indulged in the VIP seats which cost $18. Or I hang out at the field with Wendy ( who is WENDY? ) or I am doing tutoring at France’s house ( who is FRANCE? And does he gets paid in money or smooches. ). We avoid the sun unless we have SPF on, or you will get all lobster tanned.  Or occasionally we do hang at the Library; that is at the AV section where we can access the multimedia stuff. Or we take an afternoon nap ( alone as in I. Probably vocabulary error here. ). If its rains, we chat online on Twitter or Facebook. That’s about all. Its nothing sensational. ‘
Somebody apply for me cardiac shock please..... I think I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Or is it my vision of the place of interest just too ‘old dated’ like me.
My physician said it well.
Take two pills and rest, and above all stop asking your kid how they are doing.  Its better they asked you. Its good for your health.
I hear ye, doc.......
I like this place; nice clinic, and nicer nurses....
Can I come here daily? I need visualisation for my place of interest dreams.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...