Monday, January 16, 2023

Hamlet; the Noir Adaption 2023 Act 1 Interlude

 Act One

Act One Scene One

Interlude

Opening Curtains

“I am not mad.” The figure stood there with his left leg on the stool before him. The figure had stood there without a stitch of cloth on him. “Some of us are born mad, some achieve madness, and some have madness in them.”

“But not me. I am made mad. An achievement imposed onto me.” The figure turned with a smile that spanned the expanse of his mouth.

“I am just insane.” With that, the figure then took a bow to the gathered audience. The audience roared their approval of the grand act of the maestro of the stage. The figure remained bowed until the curtains covered the stage. A stagehand appeared and draped the cloak over the figure.

“Bravo!” The chants of the audience roared from beyond the curtain. The figure stood upright and used his left hand to wipe at the brow of his forehead.

“You are magnificent as you were for every other performance, Hamlet.” The assistant director stepped up to the actor there. The roar of encore resonated in the hall, and the audience was entertained by the appearance of the great actor/director and producer Hamlet, as his name is known and addressed.

Hamlet did not acknowledge the other and continues to receive accolades from the audience. He then took the final bow and strode off the stage with the other tailing him. He went on backstage with the actors and staff there clapping at his performance but none approached him. He kept on walking despite the one who trailed him from the stage asking him to listen to some news.

“Stefan Igor, I will stop now.” Hamlet appeared before the entrance to his chamber; the abode of the Prince of Stage. Two burly-looking figures stood there acting as the doorman and personal guard of the actor.

“Stefan Igor, the lightings were below expectations. The sound system echoed to the left side of the hall. I can even hear my voice calling me back.” Hamlet looked at the assistant director. “You are fired.”

“And stop gawking at my penis. I do have one there and it’s not keen on you.” Hamlet scorned the actor who was admiring his organ.

“Oh… Hamlet, I was to tell you a piece of sad news.” Igor looked at the actor. “Your father died this evening.”

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...