Thursday, October 27, 2022

Tweet...tweet... I am almost done with ...

 I am almost done with the new tale; a prequel to Arthur, on the Kings of Briton from King Constantine to Uther Pendragon. (Started on 29/9) It was supposed to be a short tale at about 30K words, then lengthened to 50K and now it's still booming and may reach 80K soon. 

I will publish it here in between Dante's to change the tone here. 

Considering my long lapse from writing, the archives may have been dusted and floods of tales are rolling in. I was thinking of a tale of my other fave, Sherly Holmes and inter-merging with Merlin, and perhaps Arthur's knights but that is still in the freezer. 

The other one was on the Fallen Angels with the Crusaders....I retired the Crusaders years ago, but maybe...they could be brought back again...

Must be the nights of reading comics with the characters 'revived' or relived, or given new beginnings....

Ever wonder why the heroes mostly wore capes and their undies outside....and never appeared to wash them...

Well, I did ponder on that....

1. Laundry sucks...That's what my kids tell me daily, and yet they throw out their dirty clothes daily.

2. Ain;t got time...Heroes are never seen to answer to nature's needs... someone please water the plants here.... but have you seen Supes or Batman ..rushing in the meeting of the JLA, and saying 'sorry, had to pee just now'. Or Spidey telling Hobgoblin...can we take a five...need to go to the toilet?

Nay, right? Well, my characters do just that. Read about it when Sherly' brother had eaten the spicy foods in India. 

Then one kiddo approached me to explain the above. 

"They all wore diapers." 

"They do?" 

"Yes, Supes is red. Bats is dark; he may have darker stools. So does, Wonder Lady...she wore ...what's that called, MUM!... knickers."

Knickers...I should have known.,, G-String won;t last in a fight... and Waist high.....I guessed the villains will have laughed before surrendering.

Wow, that tells you kids are better than us oldies....This reminds me of what my Doctor told me, we need to test you for Alzheimer's ( how do you remember such words? I had to have it spell checked)... I looked at the Doctor...What did you say?... His reply was you've forgotten and that's why we do the test to determine it... And I said, can I forget to pay you the fees...I guess they hard-coded that into my memory.... I paid everytime to be insulted.

I told my wife that and then added, it means whatever I may do today may not be remembered tomorrow, hence I may be forgiven.... She told me, you are not taking my face cream...but your own Vaseline.... Darned, I wished she had what that is called above. She did not take to my excuse that 'friction' hurts when dry. 

The kiddo also told me the diapers for Heroes were designed by FF Richards and produced by Stark in multiple dimensions.... I had to admit if the Khaki won by HULK was ever sold online, there will be many buyers.... it's expandable..."Is that your ruler there?..."No, ma'am...It's my school bag tucked in there. Sure beats having to carry it on my shoulders...like my dad said, I got heavy pieces of baggage on my shoulders..."

Well, time for me to speak to Nature... I wonder what shit that will be.....

Cheers


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...