Friday, March 4, 2016

TTO Episode 8.2

8.2         
I took the old man by his hand but he refused to leave. I looked at him and his expression told me his reply. I step back into the hole I created and then heard the shouts.
“The old men are escaping.” The voice of the trooper called out and it was followed by the sound of energy blasts. I did not look back but took my steps to find Edo. She needed me. I came running round the tunnel and bumped into the trooper there. He was alarmed to see me but my programming. I did the open palm punch on the jaw of the trooper before grabbing the rifle.
“TD23452!” The trooper was not alone. There was another a distance away and saw me take the trooper down. “TD23452 is down. Assistance required.”
The other trooper had called for backup but the call was too late. I shot the second trooper in the chest before grabbing some energy packs and the pack of explosives. I made my run back in my direction. It will lead me back to the Main Hall where we met Greco. I made it along the tunnels with my senses on the lookout for troopers. I had no vision between the walls but I had a sense for sound. I heard them clamouring in the tunnels. I stopped after a few turns, and listen hard. I do not want to be bumping into any troopers.
I was mistaken.
The shot missed me when I moved to the next tunnel entrance. It was the trooper who did not want the unknown bump and replaced it with the shot. By the reflex in my programming, I return fire and then ducked back into the previous tunnel. I could run but it was needed for me to fight back.
For Edo.
I waited there with the rifle aimed. I saw the shadows and then the trooper. I fired at the first trooper. I got two of them before the others held back. They fired at me but they were not aiming at all. I went down on one knee and took aim. I did not have to wait long when the next trooper appeared. I took down two more and then tossed the explosive at them. Without waiting, I ran on into the tunnel. I felt the explosion at where I was. I bought time and needed to check on my progress.
I was back at the juncture which one side will take me back to the inner cavern while the other will lead me to the Main Hall. I was undecided but the decision was soon deferred. I raised the rifle and fired at the approaching troopers. I missed but they re-learned their strategy. I saw the explosive was tossed at my direction. I turned to hide at one of the turnings. I barely made it out with my frame intact when the explosive went off.
Among the dusts and the darkness, once again I stood still. The one I selected was back to the inner cavern. I was also past running. I have to fight and find Edo.
I reached for the new energy pack and replaced it. The trooper that came there was shot in the head. I steadied myself and hit the next. I ran forward to them with the rifle firing. I hit the area where the trooper fell, and looked at the tunnel. The other troopers were in retreat. I did not chase then but retraced my steps to find Edo. I ran along it and then found myself in the cavern where we met the Resistance.
They were there held by the troopers. I saw then Edo and the Darth lady.  There were about fifty troopers there with the weapons raised. I was to rush out when the shooting began. The troopers were shot at by someone from the top of the cavern. I looked up and saw a group there rappelling down on the cables were shooting at the troopers. I counted twenty of them and they were also taking casualties. I recognized them as Grecians and others. Darth Natria had retreated for cover with the troopers when the rappelling group reached the flooring. Kuzuka grabbed Edo before lunging for cover. Henna was too late and got shot in the back. The newly group was then reduced to twelve but they had found cover. They were not good at shooting but their erratic shooting was deadly. Seven troopers were dead during the initial battle.
I saw my opportunity then for the troopers’ position was near to me. They have their backs to me. I took out the remaining explosives and tossed it over. I ducked back when the explosives went off. There was a large amount in the pack and took down half the troopers. The others were wounded or stunned by the explosion.
“Over here!” I called out to Kuzuka. He saw me and then assisted Edo to the tunnel entrance. The other twelve allies also rushed over and soon we were on the way out. One of the Grecians took the lead and soon guided us out of the tunnels. We exited at clearing and then led to a large eight seats transporter with a turret that held a set of double mini cannons. The transporter was a Model Lion V and was hidden under camouflage.

“I will drive you to safety.” The Grecian climbed into the driving seat. “The others will hold the position to buy us time.” 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...