Thursday, March 24, 2016

TTO Episode 12.2

12.2
The dimly lighted drink establishment was a relief from the harsh weather of the Frontier Planets V planet. The Frontier Planets are a ring of rocks that was sizeable to house the rogues and discards of the Federation of Planets. The planets were of no economic values but they were bearable for the inhabitants provided much information on the others in the Federation of Planets. There were fifty of such hellholes that fringed the outer borders of the galaxies. On FP V as it was recognized then, I had taken my refuge there in the harsh moon surface among the discards.
I was dressed in the multilayer shaded coat with the frayed edges above my tunic and tight pants tucked into the soft leather knee covered boots. I have no hood over my head but a wide brimmed fleeced headgear that sloped to cover half my face. I wore a cowl over my upper jaw that hid my look. My sickles were stored in the hard skinned bag slung across the chest.  My visible weapon was the three feet half-moon with the long inside bejewelled handle that resembled a large sized cleaver. It was actually a double scimitar when I detached the joint handle where the hilt is inlaid on the blade. It was a weapon favoured by the crude Klinks of the Dark Systems. I was in the Red Dwarf; a drinking establishment that served the range of condiments from the galaxies.
The Red Dwarf was a mud caked one and half structure among the many similar designs in the small settlement next to the unmarked space port. The space port was managed by the rag tag crew that somehow managed to coax the rogues there to pay them for the landing rights. The drinking establishment ground level was packed with the patrons that had thronged the two long tables adjacent to the longer drink counter. The tables seated ten each on the long benches while the drink counter may hold twelve. One both sides of the establishment were the build tables against the wall with standing spaces. There the patrons could see the wall mounted consoles for their luck based investments.
I was standing at the far right end of the drink counter nursing my concoction of the dark red fruits in the fermented juice. It had the little wriggly worms that swirled in it to keep the drink intoxicated. I picked the spot for it allowed me to view the entire establishment for any unwanted patrons and also the above mezzanine level where there are three round tables for the affluent to negotiate their deals. I had watched the three Ryino there negotiate his terms with the single Monscrats and the later was getting the cream off the wares. The others in the tables on the ground levels were a mix of sorts from the Grecians to the Elves. The last you could make out with their curved out lower jaw and pointed ears. That was not all for their clothing was almost indistinguishable from their skin shade hence making them looked unclothed except for the tingly patch of darker shade at the groin. Their sense of clothing ignored for the Elves were formidable foes with their mini darts fired from their hand sized weapon.
The roar from the mezzanine spelled the failure of yet the negotiation. The Monscrats was then thrown over the railings there onto the ground level. The Ryino’s were brash brutes with less tolerance for subtle approach. The Monscrats fall was unfortunate on the triple eyes Gornish; another brute in the moods although the Gornish frame spelled of tall reed like figure with the fish bulge eyes.  The Gornish drew out the dagger like energy blade and threw it upwards. The dagger blade flew up with its path directed by the third eye of the Gornish. The dagger veered past the flooring and then railings to stab into the leading Ryino’s horn. It then withdrew and did four more stabs in the face before it returned to the Gornish. The wounded Ryino roared out in pain and the other two leaped off the mezzanine flooring. They did not land on the table but ended on the drink counter. The counter somehow withstood the huge frames with its sturdy design. The two Ryino swung the powered short handled hammer at the Gornish. The combined force of both hammers threw the Gornish to the walls.
Krik!” The companions of the Gornish screeched out. The equally stringy looking figure differed from the Gornish with the elongated upper limbs with the claws. The Mantose have the unique protruded head like a tipped over jar on the neck. They also have have the deadly stings on the upper limbs at the Ryinos. The stings were of no effect on the thick hide of the Ryino but a stray sting had hit the Quetron rounded frame. The Quetron unique frame with a round shape and the head occupied half the shape slipped off the pedestal and twirled towards the Mantose. It hit the Mantose like a Toberian storm.  By then more of the others have got into the fight but I sat back waiting for the attack.
It came then from the right.
The Mantose bounty hunter had tried to use the fight as a diversion to attack me. It had struck out with the right elongated limb aimed at my left shoulder. It was an immobilizing attack on my nervous system. I stepped back and with my left hand I swung the Klink blade into the Mantose limb. The sharp blade severed the limb and the Mantose withdrew. The Mantose was no alone. The two Ryinos were in the same team. They swung the hammers at me. I deflected the hammer attack with the detached Klink blade. I then retreated to defend further. The roar of the heavy blaster stopped the fight.
“Stack it, you miscreants.” The Red Dwarf owner had taken control of the situation with the heavy triple barrel rifle. “Drink up or pack it.”
The patrons returned to their drinks and talks while the wounded Mantose was dragged out by the two Ryinos. I was not giving up. I pursued the trio to the outside. I cornered them at the alley.
“Tell me where is Darth Asoka?” I asked. One of the Ryino rushed at me to have the front horn removed with a clean cut. “Talk or lose more than that.”
Soon I was to know.
The House of Mitoushi was named.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...