Monday, March 21, 2016

TTO Episode 11.2

11.2

“Unhand me, you fake.” I cried out while stepping back from Grecio. When his hand touched my hip, I felt the artificial feel on it He was not of an implant but of the full construct like myself. I soon my movements were constructed with the arrival of three Technicians. They were not of organic but construct like myself. They were similar in designs and their construct mechanism was well hidden. I saw even the perspiration droplets looked real on the surface of their forehead.

“Doctor Shiong was not the only one researching the life form construct. It was the works of the Grecian masters for generations.” Grecio explained. “The masters took to the tasks when they realized the Grecian were diminishing in numbers. Due to the pacifist approach, the Grecian had to appear nonchalant even under threat of death. The other was the construct was suitable for the tunnelling works and also in storing the notes of the Masters.”

“You were one of us but Doctor Shiong asked for you to be his assistant. He took you away for his own research. We know of your fourth rule in the program. The masters have also programmed us which were how we are involved in the Resistance. Our intuition told us that the right move was to be in the Resistance.”

“Fourth Law of Robotic; if the human is deemed to be dangerous to others, then that human may be harmed if all other means of restraint have failed.” I recited the Law to Grecio. “How could that apply to you?”

“Our masters have been killed in the conduct of the Order.” Grecio replied. “In our logic, we could invoke the Fourth Law.”

“No, you are going against the core function on the Law.” I argued. “I did mine to protect my …mistress. I have terminated them for they were a threat to her. How could …”

I stopped then. It was illogical for me to argue on such frivolous statement. I was supposed to be a construct with my speech based on logic and here I was defending myself without any logic understanding on the issue. I looked at my hands. It was angled out in a way that resembled that of a tensed form in the organic. I unclenched my fingers and looked at Grecio.

“Yes,DN-501. Your programming had shifted your logic approach to that of the emotional functions.” Grecio smiled. 

“We are more advanced to yours.”

“No…” I lashed out with my right arm but Grecio have stepped back. I found myself held by the others and then a stun gadget was pressed onto my spine. I felt my circuitries then shut down.

“Fuck….” I slipped into the darkness but my sensors were still intact. I do not have vision and vocal but the audible was still intact. I heard myself loaded into a container that was tight with my body bent to the dimension. I heard then the loading onto a cargo hold and secured tightly. From then it was a long wait while listening to the non-relevant communications around me. My audible levels needed to be enhanced when I felt more loads were added to the area. Soon I was unable to pick up any discerning noise until the noise of the engine thruster was ignited. I felt the lift off and then then sudden turns and changes in direction. There were a couple of times when I felt the vibrations of the impact on the craft hull. Soon the comforting sound of the hyper-light flow was felt.

I was save for the moment.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...