Wednesday, March 16, 2016

TTO Episode 10.2

10.2       
I jumped on the missile launcher rear when it went past me. I ignored the call from Grecio and Daniel was seen chasing the vehicle I was on. The vehicle exit onto the surface and I have my first view of the devastated slopes. It was burning in some places but the rest was all burnt out woods with the trampling Federation army of vehicles and troopers. Overheads were the Stingers. I counted about twenty of them picking the targets unmarked by the earlier bombings. The missile launcher stopped then and the countdown began. The launcher rack moved into position aimed at the sky. I jumped down to move far. The first array of two missiles went up into the sky. They went up and then it was on the tail of two Stingers. Those launchers may be ancient but the missiles were not. The missiles sped towards the Stinger in split second and then exploded. I wanted to yell victory with them but the troopers were onto me then. I still have my rifle and fired at them. The second array of missiles went up before the trooper shoulder fired missile took the armoured vehicle apart. I was tossed by the explosion and landed on my face.
“I will surrender while I have the will to do so.” I looked up and saw Darth Rain. I have seen her profile in the Enforcer’s files. There she was with her hands holding the ‘sai’. I lashed out with the right leg towards her legs but she stepped back. She went into a crouch with the right leg bended and the left leg shifted back. I had regained my balance and stood up.
“Darth Rain, I am unarmed.” I showed my hands after dropping the rifle. The troopers have formed ring around us and any attempt on the rifle will be fatal. “Would you me the honour of fighting me without the weapons?”
Darth Rain hesitated and then holstered the ‘sai’. She stood up straight up and then moved her right leg back with a slight bent to the back while her left arm was up to cover the chest. Her right arm had then moved to the back. It was a change in the style of the Mistral Movement Style. I had used it to fight with Darth Natria when I wield the dagger.
“That’s the Mistral Movement….” My words were cut off by the sudden kick that came from Darth Rain’s right leg. I blocked that with the left arm while retreating. She followed on with a left hand jab at my chest which I deflected with the inner block. My instinct told me to fight back and I did. I moved my body with the right leg at her left knee. She retreated before my leg contacted her knee. I stood there and stared at her.
“You will face me.” I turned to face the other. It was Darth Asoka. He stood there with his three feet long red fusion energy staff appeared in the right hand. “However, I will not battle you without a weapon.”
Darth Asoka looked at Darth Rain.
“Pass her your weapons. You are not worthy it.” Darth Rain took the ‘sai’ out of her holsters and tossed it over.
“Pick it up, Edo Harashi.” Darth Asoka hit the nerve there when he addressed me in name. “It’s Renair’ choice and may suit you.”
I stooped down to pick it up. The weapon weighed fine in my hands. I looked at the handle on my right hand and noticed it was bounded with the thin strips of the Thesian Tuger skin. It lent grip on the handle. Suddenly I felt the energy vibes onto me and retreated. Darth Asoka had struck without warning with his energy blade. It was not one but two edged on the two feet length hilt. He swung it like in full circle with his hands towards me. I backed up further and then took on the fighting stance of the Mistral Movement once again. The energy blade came at me and it was deflected by the ‘sai’ on my right hand while my left handed ‘sai’ shot out to lock onto the handle. The side blade of the ‘sai’ locked the handle at its edge and I twisted my left hand to pry it off the other. He saw the move and rolled the handle in his hands to dislodge my lock. I twisted my wrist and used the thumb on the handle to push the ‘sai’ downwards. The force of my thumb was strengthened by the wrist made the move but he had pulled the blade back. I had to withdraw my ‘sai’ for fear of getting it caught in the energy blade.
Darth Asoka counterattack with the sideward swing of the energy double blade at me which I blocked with the right handed ‘sai’ and I countered with the twist of my body to deliver the left leg from the rear at the other’s left shin. I kicked him hard and he lost his balance. I followed through with full body turned and delivered the downwards round right leg kick into his back. He fell forward but rolled to a distance and avoided my thrust of the ‘sai’ I rushed forth on the unbalanced foe but he was assisted by his apprentice.
Hai!”Darth Rain jump kicked at me from the right side. I had to block her kick with my right forearm and was pushed back by the force of the kick. She landed near me and chopped down with the right arm. I blocked her chop with the left elbow and then swung the roundhouse kick at her. She stooped forward and I missed her.  She did a double jab with both hands on my exposed right ribs. I fell backward with the pain on the ribs.
“Waki ni ido..” Darth Asoka commanded his apprentice. “Anata wa rippana monode wanaidesu”.
I saw Darth Rain clenched her fists in shame when she was asked to withdraw. Her master had said she was unworthy. That was a personal insult when spoke in public. I stood upright and drew in deep breaths to counter the pain on my ribs. I then took on the advance Mistral Movement stance with both arms bent at the elbow covering the chest. The ‘sai’ was gripped in the ice pick style with the blades facing to the sides.
Darth Asoka came at me with the energy blade and at the last moment, he dislodged the lock on it. The two feet length handle split in the middle to be a twin set of blades. He swung the blade with both his hands at me. I was unprepared for that and backed off. He came at me hard with ferocity in the approach. I deflected but it was not enough. The right blade cut my left forearm. I staggered backwards and then took on my fighting stance once more. The forearm ached but I must fight on. I did not see that coming but the blow was hard to knock me off my feet. I looked up to see the other Darth holding the sickle at my throat.
It was Darth Natria.
“You are to surrender now.” Darth Natria stepped over me.
“Darth Natria, she is mine.” Darth Asoka approached us. “I will not have you take her from me when it’s myself who had her defeated.” 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...