Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tweet tweet....22/10 ...re-doing some previous un-completed tales

I got a folder of uncompleted tales dated back as far as 2013. They are not completed while I was diverted to other tales and at times, ran out of ideas to continue on. I was doing up two of it; "Crusaders IV; The Godless World" and "Loki; the Trickster". Its not easy to re-start a tale for you need to know where you stopped and then rebuild from there but its getting there.

Of late, the work of my daily life ( it pays the bills though ) had been hefty with the coming year end and pressing deadlines, so I have to admit I did not write for nights. I have even missed my daily dose of TV series ( downloaded from the web ) then. Today being a 'public day' from work, I am digressing more ideas from the web and other sources.

Who knows? Cupid may not strike but I am sure my keyboard will be tapping.

I leave you with an excerpt of Loki.

“Stop! I command thee all.” Odin shouted once again. They finally stopped their attack, but the duo was dead by then. Odin crouched down to the fallen Giant. He felt sorry for the dead Giant, but that was the consequences of rage. He could have stopped the attack, but he was also angry earlier. An anger which he regretted then, but the act was done. The cry of baby was heard, and Odin looked to the source.

“It came from inside the house.” One of the warriors told him. Odin looked to the blazing house. Without hesitation, he rushed in and looked for the baby. He found the baby in its cot. He grabbed it and ran out to the cold ground.

“Odin, there is one more of his line here. Shall we dispose of it like what they did to our young ones at the border?” The warrior asked Odin. Odin glared at the warrior.

“Have you not had your share of the blood bath today?” Odin confronted his own warriors. “Are we to lower ourselves like them? Killing the young ones, and feeding them wolves with the bodies?  No, don’t do that.”

None dared to reply. Odin took the baby into his arms. The baby was still sleeping again despite the cold weather but he had a smile on his face. On his chest was written in blood, the word; Loki.


“No, this baby would live. He would be my son. His name is …..Loki.” Odin declared.  

An excerpt of the Crusaders

“We shall not step forth until we know who are you?” Micheal stood his ground. The one named Azazel paused in his steps and then looked to them.

“Micheal, you are ever the stubborn one.” Azazel sighed. “Nevertheless, I shall entertain you.”

“I am Azazel, an Angel but not fallen as previously recorded. I came here on the wishes of God to guide you.” Azazel continued on. “God had seen it needed to send me here to revive all of you.”

“Angels? Revived?” Micheal spoke up in anger. “You made no sense to my thoughts. I was a man of flesh and blood, and now aged but I stood for my belief and survival. I believed in God as I was taught from birth, but I had not seen his mercy for years. Now you showered me with images and thoughts that hailed me to what I am not.”

“If we are who you said we are, then showed us God. He would not dismiss us here for years without hope.” Raphael spoke up.

“Or leave us to the mercies of them.” Gabriel pointed to the lying mutant that was still unmoving. “I had seen wrongs that even an Angels should not see. If we are who we are, why were we forsaken here?”

“Maybe I know, my dear brothers.” Uriel spoke out in a low tone. He then approached Azazel and held out his hands. “God had answered my daily prayers. I heard of Azazel. But if you are who you said to be, show us the way of God that we could accept you? But remember this, Azazel; you were once a fallen Angel.”

Azazel shook his head and then lowered his voice.

“God had forbidden me to tell …… not yet. You may seek his words when you do meet Him. But trust me, Uriel had spoken the truth. His prayer had reached Him and for that He had send me. I was once like all of you, banished for I had brought the wrath of God onto me when I led the brothers to this place then.”

“You are the Devil? Satan? I read of you.” Micheal had more of his veiled memories released. “Micheal, whom I was named after fought your brothers in those battles and won. He was …. the champion. You were the one that Gabriel took to…. ”


“Your memory did not fail you.” Azazel replied. He then went down on his knees and poised to pray. They all looked at him as if he was mad to do that then when danger was around them. Azazel then looked up and smiled. 




No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...